MY TURN - HOME ALONE!!!!

Old 04-09-2010, 11:39 AM

I have been trying to get my boy's dad to go somewhere... even to a hotel down the street.. but alas he won't go.

I am not working right now, so I can sew during the day... BUT I have to clean up before he comes home because I sew in our bedroom. If he's not here, then I don't have to clean, or stop sewing at 9:30 when he wants to go to bed!

My boys are old enough that they know if the sewing machine is running, I'm busy.

Sunday he is suppose to go check on our trailer. I have plans to sew an Amy Butler nappy bag, I'm hoping the weather clears up here (it's snowing a bit) so he WILL go!

Theresa
Old 04-09-2010, 12:51 PM

Well, thank you all. Hubby was in a nursing home for rehab from a knee replacement, and I was feeling guilty because I didn't miss him as much as I thought I would, and I got a lot of quilting done, and now you all have erased my guilt! Thanks!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 05:35 AM

I never ever regret not getting remarried. I love it just me,two dogs and a cat. They get fed twice a day. I cook big on Sunday for the week so I can grab a bite when I get hungry.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

I would miss my family if none of them were EVER around -
but completely alone time - when I know no one is going to want to be fed - for a couple of days is WONDERFUL!

(I usually end up feeling slightly guilty because I didn't get much done - but we are human "beings" - not human "doings")
Old 04-11-2010, 01:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by IrishNY
My DH and sons just left for the Masters and I am home alone until Monday night! I am so excited. I don't know what to do first - I have so many things planned for my time.

I don't think I have had this much time alone at home since my oldest son was born more than 24 years ago and with 4 kids, I crave peace and quiet since I so seldom had it.

I actually am taking vacation from work from now until Monday night and would be thrilled if I don't have to leave the house before then. :-D

One of my daughters called and offered to come home from college for the weekend so I wouldn't have to be alone. It was all I could do not to hang up on her. LOL
:lol: :lol: Oh I would give anything if my youngest would be called back to work, he is 24 but with his mental state more like 13,14yrs. I would love to have my quite back. Penny
Old 04-11-2010, 01:46 AM

What a delightful treat! Joyful bliss! I cannot even imagine. Can I come hide out with you? I have my mom, my uncle and hubby home all day every day. For some reason, everyone has to have their turn spending time with me. I never have alone time these days, and how I miss that!

Have a blast this weekend, and enjoy it for me while you're at it.