Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • My veggie plot - summer is coming! >
  • My veggie plot - summer is coming!

• My veggie plot - summer is coming!

Old 05-10-2009, 08:15 AM

k - us pretty ones go a looooong way on looks alone. but i'm also pretty long lasting.

c - without even checking i can tell you 'wink wink'. as for southerners eating strange stuff, i remember what k said earlier. armadillos: soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside. (ugh!)
    Old 05-10-2009, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
    k - us pretty ones go a looooong way on looks alone. but i'm also pretty long lasting.

c - without even checking i can tell you 'wink wink'. as for southerners eating strange stuff, i remember what k said earlier. armadillos: soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside. (ugh!)
    Yep, :shock: I wondered about that, mind you I find peanut butter and jelly strange so I am easily put off. :D

Elle
    Old 05-10-2009, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Yep, :shock: I wondered about that, mind you I find peanut butter and jelly strange so I am easily put off. :D

Elle

:thumbup: :thumbup: (have you been lurking?)
    Old 05-10-2009, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Elle

:thumbup: :thumbup: (have you been lurking?)

Yes, guilty as found. Have been busy decorating so not been on the board much but dropped in ever so often to see what you were all up to.

Secret Lurker Elle x
    Old 05-10-2009, 03:40 PM
    Power Poster

hi Elle,
    It's middle of May almost, and your tieing the know in early August, guess you won't be a single woman much longer.
    Been wondering how all the prep for wedding is going, (figured that is what you are decorating for?), not being nosy, lol, just interested in all the romantic goings on.
    Hope you have a nice Mother's Day. I had mine last night, with hubby, and all my girls have called or came by today. It's been a nice day. take good care of you and yours :D
    Old 05-10-2009, 03:43 PM
    Power Poster

K, let us know if you get to tell Scott's wife about his becoming famous in bunny poem, written especially for him, lol.
    So Hans likes marigolds. Did you plant those to keep bugs off your
    tom - ah- toes? (those marigolds are hard workers too, not just for nekid bottoms, lol)

B - rates 2 winks, huh? go, B!!! lol!

Hoping you all have a great Mother's Day. I have!!! :D
    Old 05-11-2009, 12:36 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    K, let us know if you get to tell Scott's wife about his becoming famous in bunny poem, written especially for him, lol.
    So Hans likes marigolds. Did you plant those to keep bugs off your
    tom - ah- toes? (those marigolds are hard workers too, not just for nekid bottoms, lol)
    Will do! Saw her yesterday at Joey's birthday party but forgot! :oops:

I have planted the tagetes marigolds in the past to keep bugs off the tommies but they kind of took over, so haven't done it since! This year I'll put basil alongside - then I can use it with the tommies in salads and tommie sauce!

K x
    Old 05-11-2009, 04:29 AM
    Power Poster

basil, huh? sounds like 2 for one, - like they say, work smarter, not harder, good for you!
    How old is Joey now?
    Do you have a mother's day over there? wanna think you said yes, but called it something else...don't say, baby delivery day, lol.
    Guess it's too soon for any small veggies, plants still trying to get a leg up.
    How do you keep Dougal dog out of the garden? Is it fenced in?
    While I'm asking questions, what does Hans do for a living, just real estate?
    It's monday, and I dreamt all night of trying to think of someone's name, and woke up, and yuppers, I did, nothing like in the dreams.
    lol. :D
    Old 05-11-2009, 06:35 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    basil, huh? sounds like 2 for one, - like they say, work smarter, not harder, good for you!
    How old is Joey now?
    Do you have a mother's day over there? wanna think you said yes, but called it something else...don't say, baby delivery day, lol.
    Guess it's too soon for any small veggies, plants still trying to get a leg up.
    How do you keep Dougal dog out of the garden? Is it fenced in?
    While I'm asking questions, what does Hans do for a living, just real estate?
    It's monday, and I dreamt all night of trying to think of someone's name, and woke up, and yuppers, I did, nothing like in the dreams.
    lol. :D
    Joey was 7 yesterday! Mother's Day here is June 7th and Father's Day June 21st - and they call it Fête des Mères or Pères! :wink:
    I'm still picking lettuce that's overwintered but nothing else cropping yet! WE have green beans still in the freezer and some courgette soup and carrot soup from last year, plus the last of the taties in storage (starting to sprut now, though and go wrinkly, like me!)
    The veggie garden is fenced and Dougal only comes in when I'm there - Barney (Chester LOL!) is another story! He thinks when I put a polytunnel over a seed bed, it's a nice undercover litter tray for him, so he can do his business out of the rain! :twisted:
    Hans doesn't do real estate anymore - not for a year, the market went so flat he just couldn't earn enough. Now he's Project Coordinator for a company that builds big coldstores for frozen food companies. He has projects in France, Holland and Russia which is why he has to be away a lot :cry: but at least we have a regular income now :D ;

K x
    Old 05-11-2009, 07:41 AM
    Power Poster

guess Hans likes traveling? kenny would have loved it, before he became disabled. He always wanted to be a truck driver...he went to school and has his CDL (license)...but didn't go, bc of my health.:roll:
    So, anywhoo, when Hans comes home, it must be a good time round the house, everybody is glad to see him. That must be nice, and he must really admire your tenacity with the garden.
    I just planted K, and Butterflywing, :wink: in my bigger pots, and some nasturtiums (sp), and assorted flowers. Hubby can't even touch these, w mower! lol!
    want to see more pics, when they get their goods on. :XD: I love gardens. I love flowers, dogs, cats, the outdoors, staying indoors to sew, decorating, rearranging, reorganizing...heck, I just love it all!
    Good new, good news!~
    my brother had given me this camera that I didn't have any clue how to use. Said it didn't need film.
    That was a big plus, but what to do with it?
    Daughter came over yesterday to bring me some roses,...
    oh, sweet thing...(keith urban :wink: )
    ....and she showed me how to download these pics onto pc, and then we practiced a bit, how to post on board.
    Didn't actually post anything, we were on wrong site.
    I wrote everything down, now to get a new battery...why we didn't change sites...and see if I can follow my own directions!!!! :? :D
    WOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    I'm up to date, almost. I can go quilt, and snap a pic, and run in here, and say guess what y'all?....here's what I been doing....!!!! more fun to come!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: