My winter minis

Old 01-02-2010, 09:04 AM

Joan--I'd LOVE to have you visit!! :-D

Tam--I was breeding/selling, but it's too hard on my heart, and there are enough minis in the world without adding to the mix, sooo, for now I'm not breeding. My stallion was gelded so he could live a happy life in a herd. He and one of my fillies sold, so I'm at five. These five I will keep. I guess you would say they're pets, but I started therapy work with one, and want to build on that. Also, I have oodles of people over to spend time in the pasture--see my website--the events and sharing the love pages for photos. (There are MANY photos there--even of Tucker's birth!) Residents from an assisted living home come every summer for a little horse show and to kiss muzzles. (See Events page) :-D I'm working on ground driving the mares now, and will have a job for each mini here. My life is full!!
Old 01-02-2010, 09:59 AM

Where can I finf your web site?
Old 01-02-2010, 10:02 AM

It's right in my signature: www.littlechurchminis.com

:-D
Old 01-02-2010, 10:19 AM

It's one thing to see minis in pictures, but to see one up close and personal, you never imagine actually how small they are. I guess my brain wasn't wrapping around the size until I saw one in Australia up close and personal. So cute and so small, but my heart is still with MY Rosie.
Can't beat just looking and falling in love with those babies, especially when you get stories to go along with them.
I am DEFINITELY going to get me some mini love once we are permanently back in the states, but for now, I have to love from afar.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:20 PM

Well, Karla, if I ever make it to New York you will be number 1 on my list to see.

We drove up this afternoon to the "new" house (at 2600 feet) and as I mentioned on the way we pass some darling minis.

If course, we stopped to get a few pics. You can see how California Minis look in the winter. They were so curious. At first, they were stand-off-ish but one decided to risk checking out these visitors. Then they all followed. Oh, to have had a bag of carrots!

(Isn't the black and white one fat? Even so he or she (didn't look) was sooooo pretty!----maybe it's just all fur???)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-62811.jpe   attachment-62812.jpe   attachment-62813.jpe  
Old 01-02-2010, 05:34 PM

Awww..they are darling. I didn't think they'd get as thick of coats in CA! I wonder if the black and white one is pregnant? The hair sure distorts a mini though! Once they're clipped in the summer--they look so amazingly different! I should post these on the mini forum to see whose they are! :lol:
Old 01-02-2010, 06:56 PM

I love looking at your horses Karla! I hope to see them again soon! And to bring more quilting projects for you to see! :)
Old 01-02-2010, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Love seeing your pictures!! We had Arabians for awhile and I do miss them at times. Noone had time to help me take care of them so we had to sell them.

Love looking at your minis!
We also had Arabians and noone had time either.....should have heard the uproar when we got rid of them

:-D Love these minis. And the pictures are loading much quicker, thank you Karla or Admin :-D
Old 01-02-2010, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Awww..they are darling. I didn't think they'd get as thick of coats in CA! I wonder if the black and white one is pregnant? The hair sure distorts a mini though! Once they're clipped in the summer--they look so amazingly different! I should post these on the mini forum to see whose they are! :lol:

They live on Jack Tone Road. I think the town would probably be Ripon. (although obviously they're in the country).

I wondered if the black and white one could be pregnant as well but thought this was too early to look so big. Don't they foal in the spring?

(Next time, I'll make an equipment check so at least I can get the gender correct......)
Old 01-10-2010, 05:26 AM
Banned

I don't know how I've missed this, because I try to keep up with your posts! I love those guys, and those jammies are so cute. But frankly, they don't look thick enough for that weather. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! And I know that Mazie is your fave, but I think Tucker is da bomb!

And you're right, you have one big marshmallow!!!! LOL!!

Thanks for sharing your world. Cold as it is!