Name your phobia(s)

Old 02-23-2011, 09:09 AM

palmetto bugs and roaches csnt stand them, plus porta jons i have a thing with a clean bathroom
Old 02-23-2011, 09:23 AM

lets see...

snakes, snakes, snakes, reptiles, and closed in places, I gotta see light, at all times.

I used to be a serious fear of flyer, and be seriously scared of hieghts, and amusement park and waterslide rides.

I went on Celexa for anxiety a few years ago, and as long as I stick with it everyday and use the loroapham when I have to I'm good to fly, and do waterpark rides.

I also had a fear of driving big vehicles, but I got my school bus licence at the end of October and I guess my only phobia with that is that I will get into an acciedent! I drive the BIG bus too.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Power Poster

Snakes, spiders, snakes, spiders, snakes, spiders....
Old 02-23-2011, 03:19 PM

I can't force myself to get off a ladder onto the roof. My son said the same thing. I also am scared of looking from high buildings, but can climb a tree on a mountain top!! I will climb any tree to rob an empty blackbird or raven's nest, they steal such pretty sparkling things!! But I can't look down a winding stairway from past the second floor.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:49 PM

Hummmm....I don't have any serious issues, I guess. I work in a hospital, so the germ thing is obviously not a problem for me. We have hand sanitizer all over the place, and I really only use it a couple of times a day. I don't like heights much, and will stand away from windows in a glass elevator and won't go up a big ladder or on a roof. I don't ride amusement park rides that go up or down fast...my stomach doesn't like it! Bugs are not so bad..I'm bigger than them and lots faster, too!! :D I don't like caves...I grew up and live in earthquake land USA, and the idea of being trapped underground terrifies me!! So, maybe that is the 1 thing for me..caves!!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Heights. Ugh, evn ladders. Worms and snakes, no fishing for me, unless someone else will bait my hook, lol, and driving somewhere I am unfamilar with. I have lived near Janesville all my life, and can drive there, but I cant drive on the interstate....am affraid to go to far on a map. Its really a bad phobia, because it really limits what I can do!
CarrieAnne, my dear, you don't know what you're missing. I travel the country in a motorhome and although it can get a bit cramped at times, even tho for a motorhome it is big, I have seen more beautiful sights and met more fun, warm, loving, funny people than you can imagine. There's a few of the others too, but I tend to get calmer when you get angrier. The United States of America is beautiful, idealic place to live and visit. Get out of your box a bit and you might find your comfort zone expand. My greatest fear is sharp turns, especially at night towing the car behind us.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:28 PM

Parking in underground garages. They make me feel boxed in, like my car will be trapped. If I'm not behind the wheel, it's not nearly as big an issue. If it's an above ground parking garage, I'm fine.

Parking in the boonies at the county fair, where I can't get my bearings, so I'm afraid I won't find my car. (It's a REALLY big county fair! There's always people wandering the parking areas looking for cars!)

Hmm... both car-related issues. When I get a therapist, I'll have to discuss it with her!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:31 PM

spiders,snakes and heights
Old 02-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Power Poster

Anything with more than 6 legs gives me the heebyjeebies. (I used to scream every time I saw a spider until we moved to the country and I was afraid of mucking up my vocal cords.) When someone teases me with spiders (they usually only do that ONCE) I come out swinging. The FIGHT OR FLIGHT instinct kicks in wildly.

Driving over high bridges gives me anxiety attacks as does some situations with crowds. Not sure I would categorize those as phobias though.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:46 PM

I used to be deathly afraid of heights and got sick when I had to fly. I would have to take Zanax to get on a plane! Needless to say I didnt go very often!!! Then my best friend invited me to her home in Arizona for a visit. We went on a road trip to the Grand Canyon and I was totally awed by the majestic beauty of it. All of a sudden I realized I was looking DOWN over the rim and loving the sight! It was amazing. I just kept looking around and down and not getting woozy or anything! I havent had a problem flying or with heights since! I can even do ferris wheels and the Skylon at Niagara Falls!!! I cant explain it but so happy it happened!!