Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Need some emotional support >
  • Need some emotional support

• Need some emotional support

Old 11-23-2010, 02:44 PM

U should try "hiring out ur organizational skills" I tried hiring a professional organzier a few years ago. I lived very rural and I could not get anyone to show up for their appt... was so frustrating.. I have a neat hubby now.. he organzises for me... smile...
    Old 11-23-2010, 02:53 PM

Don't overlook volunteering. Sometimes that can lead to employment. Good luck.
    Old 11-23-2010, 02:55 PM

I am getting ready to retire and it was so difficult to find someone to take over for my husband and I. I was shocked that in this economically depressed area, no one wanted to do the job. I started a business several years ago cleaning vacant rentals. We clean for property management companies, landlords, etc. It is very hard physical work and you sure have to have a strong stomach at times but I could not find anything else when I moved back to this area that would pay the wages I was used to making. There seems to be quite a demand for this type of business so give it some thought. PM me if you have questions regarding how to get started. Donna
    Old 11-23-2010, 05:00 PM

Good jobs are hard to come by. Have you given thought to volunteering. Most public schools can use volunteers to read to children or do some office work. This will help you keep in touch with others. Remember you can never out give. Hope things get better for you.
    Old 11-23-2010, 06:52 PM
    Power Poster

Volunteering and giving time to others is a very nice thing to do, but, you can't pay bills or buy food doing that.
    Old 11-23-2010, 07:02 PM

I'm soooo sorry to hear that but don't give up. If you keep your eyes & ears open something will come your way. Be patient & hang in there
    Old 11-24-2010, 11:22 AM

My job as a teaching assistant was abolished in June, along with ten others. By word of mouth I heard about an opening at the Town offices. I applied and interviewed for it. The first time in eleven years I was out of a job. Fortunately I got it. It is only part time and my paycheck has to stretch farther than ever. I am doing something completely different. The people are great and I'm glad I'm here.
    I wish you luck and my prayers and thoughts are with you.
    Old 11-24-2010, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by maryb119
    I'm looking for a job, too. If you are good at organizing, why not start your own business. I'm sure there are people out there who would pay for your organizational skill. Hang in there, something will turn up.
    I agree. If you're good at it go for it. It only takes a few good references to start getting more business by word of mouth. I would print some business cards and start handing them out everywhere. You never know when someone may need something. Good luck. What part of NC are you in?
    Old 11-29-2010, 08:57 AM

I'm sorry I took so long to get back to you. I'm in Wadesboro, NC. Just east of Charlotte. I appreciate everybody who took the time to reply to my post. I know others are going through some very hard times too. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I'm really glad I found this board. It's great to have so many online friends who share my favorite hobby. I applied for a job last week. Hope to hear something from that this week. I will call them back if I don't hear from them, but I feel like if I have to call them I don't really have a chance at the job. I'm hoping though! Meanwhile, I'm quilting this afternoon! Yeah!