Need Suggestions

Old 08-10-2011, 05:46 AM

I hate confrontation too and feel sick about it afterwards wishing I had just let it go. Life is too short.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:53 AM

I say if your not happy with her or him, find a new person. twice would be enough for me.Some times once is,depending on the project. But definately get the money back she may not have realized it was yours. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt only because your friend picked it up. Sorry this happened.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:56 AM

Definitely find another LAQ!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:57 AM

Oh, that's soooo awful! Confrontation is so hard, but she needs to give you your money back and I would find another quilter. I know there are other LA quilters in Washington on this board that would be happy to help you.

Centering a backing isn't all that difficult, especially like the one you describe. The 3rd quilt I did for a customer had a star in the center of the back that needed to be centered...I managed to get it at least close enough that it appears to be in the center.

Frogging a quilt isn't fun, but I would choose to do it myself rather that trust someone who may be a bit miffed at me to do it for me.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by katcox
I say if your not happy with her or him, find a new person. twice would be enough for me.Some times once is,depending on the project. But definately get the money back she may not have realized it was yours. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt only because your friend picked it up. Sorry this happened.
Well... I gave her that benefit too... until I called. Then it was, I will do a third for free. When I said no thank you, her offer was half of my money back. What happened to free?? :?
Old 08-10-2011, 01:06 PM

Why would you want a third one done even if its for free? Half off is good. She should just give you the cash instead of trying to figure out how to do it on the credit card.Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice or three times shame on you. Find someone else and /or do it your self.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:17 PM

Call her. Get your money back and then throw away her phone number.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
Originally Posted by katcox
Well... I gave her that benefit too... until I called. Then it was, I will do a third for free. When I said no thank you, her offer was half of my money back. What happened to free?? :?
I would ask for a full refund or you will be forced to contact the BBB as well as all of the local quilt shops. She is scamming.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:58 PM

Don't think of it so much as a confrontation. If you went to a store and bought a three-pack of something and only got one or two, you'd take it back. You're paying for a service, which she is supposed to render the way you want it, or at least tell you if she can't.

This is in no way your fault. You were clear about what you wanted, and you paid her to do it. If she can't do it, she is obligated to tell you before she completes any work (at least in my opinion). Trying to just pass it off is unacceptable!

I hope you get it all worked out! :)
Old 08-10-2011, 04:43 PM

Wow best of luck to you!!