need your imput please...

Old 08-28-2013, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
windows 8 is going to be the next windows Vista. Remember Vista? Pretty much everyone hated it and they had to come up with a million fixes and then a new version.
I have Vista on this old laptop and have used every version of Windows before and since. Vista is no problem. I tried Windows 8 on a friend's computer and thought it was terrible. The only thing I liked about her new computer was that it is a touch screen, and Windows 8 is supposed to make that more functional, but I struggled with it for an hour or more and kept running into one frustration after another. I think I had more problems with it than I did the very first time I ever tried a computer. I will not be buying Windows 8. Microsoft should have done some trials with users to find out their reaction before they put this beast on the market.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:43 PM

there is a free download that you can get. its called 'classic shell'. it makes your windows 8 screen look like windows xp

I'm going to buy a new laptop with windows 8. My question is how hard is it to learn windows 8 if I'm used to vista & windows 7? Any imput will be appreiated. I'm planning on getting my new laptop this week.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Old 08-28-2013, 08:23 PM

I have Windows8, hate it. I love the touch screen. I use the Windows key, access my desktop and looks like Windows 7 but fir some reason screens open up without my command. I am trying to learn more but if there is an upgrade I"ll take it.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:23 AM

I bought a new computer in June. At first I found Windows 8 awkward, but I am getting the hang of it. There are a few things I am not crazy about, but I am adjusting. I remember hating XP, then VISTA, then Windows 7. This too shall pass -- it is different.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:14 AM
Power Poster

Awesome input from everyone, thanks you sooo much!!!!! I'm going to ask if they can uninstall 8 and install 7 when I get one. Hope to go see about it tomorrow. I will be out all day today with a friend so can't do it today.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:58 AM

I was told to wait until after November to purchase a computer and make sure that the edition of Windows 8 was the updated edition. Windows is supposed to be removing some of the problems from 8 and the new edition is due out in late September or early October. I got my information from a computer technologies profession. So I think it is good.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:10 AM

My daughter is next thing to a guru and she absolutely loathes 8.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:14 AM

This was not what I wanted to hear. I'm going to have to get a new computer within a few weeks and was thinking I wanted Windows 8. Now I'm not so sure. I have XP now but my computer is 12 years old and beginning to give me problems so it's time for a new one.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:16 AM

I belong to a different board and a couple of the members have 8. THEY HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I just read the other day, that there is some kind of backdoor built in that allows the NSA all the access it needs...boy I can see national security issues arising in the quilting hotbeds of America.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:52 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

OH dear always a new upgrade with imperfections in it. Well I guess I will wait till 9 comes out and see what happens then; maybe it will be better than 8.