Nerves

Old 07-24-2010, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
Yep, that is why I am medicated. I love the planning and the scheduling and talking about it on the phone but when it comes to getting in the car to go, my head is full of excuses not to go or not to have someone come over. I cannot tell you how many times I have canceled things at the last minute because of anxiety AND I don't even miss it! I have finally learned to tell people when I meet them that I am that way and not to take it personally. Some understand, some don't. Oh well, I do much better on line than in person.
I could have written this word for word for myself. When it comes to actually leaving the house, I can be a basket case.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:27 PM

I used to get migraines from my anxiety sometimes. A lot of it has gone away over the years and rarely get a headache any more. I tense up badly when I get anxious. I hope yours will ease with time. Glad you and MIL had a good time and hope you will do more of that.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:42 PM

The first time I took a quilting class, I was so nervous, I never thoughrt I'd get there, let alone stay long enough to get thru the class! I sweated buckets thru the whole thing, wondered why everyone else was so fast, got things done, and still managed to laugh and enjoy each other. Of course, not all of them were newbies so, looking back I realize I was trying to keep up with some very experienced quilters.

Now-a-days, I've put that behind me and enjoy the experience. But, I remember wha it felt likek and make an effort to help newbies, really anyone, within arm's reach at a class. Give it time. You'll get there!! I wasn't home schooled but lead a very sheltered life and it took time, experience, and the help of others to conquer my fears. Try to relax and enjoy the time with your MIL. If anything, she already knows you'll be nervous and will be anxious to try and make you relax.
So, the two of you should relax, huh?!! Try to have fun.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Power Poster

I love for people to call me, but I hate to call others. Have no idea why...
Old 07-24-2010, 11:33 PM

I'm not the most social person in a crowd, and don't like mass crowds, but not shy either, who knows if that makes any sense??? Figure can always leave if uncomfortable!! Have my times when I don't want to be messed with and want the world to leave me be!!!
Not intimidated by going places, or talking to people I don't know, (long as I can speak the language, all's good.)
Try to keep in mind a saying (don't recall who it's by)
"Every new day offers many gifts untie the ribbons !!"
Most of the time somthing simple, smile or a funny thought will do the trick.
If all else fails just take a pill !!
Old 07-25-2010, 01:09 AM

OK, I have just finished reading about an experiment on how others see us, and they had people dressed in T Shirts with silly messages on them and then they surveyed the crowd to see who had noticed them. No one had. We had to do our own experiment on this, and mine was to go shopping with out a bra. As soon as I get out of bed, those puppies are in a holder, as I was flat chested until pregnancy. How many people noticed me? No one. Forty minutes, wandering around without a bra and no one noticed!!!!!!!!!!!! We surveyed every person I went near, all the shop assistants, and not a one noticed. The lesson/message - most people don't notice what we do, unless we are rude or unpleasant. That was the other part of our experiment. I got noticed then.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:09 AM

:oops: posted twice! See you noticed my mistake :P