Netflix...do you use it?

Old 01-31-2011, 11:32 AM

Netflix and Hulu Premium are both fabulous. With a laptop and an DVI and HDMI cable you can hook up a TV to your laptop. Apple TV also downloads Netflix directly to a TV. The box is only $99. and a huge bargain. I heard Netflix will be phasing out DVD's in the next year and will be streaming direct. Cable or Satellite TV has so many crass shows anymore. What happened to quality shows?
Old 01-31-2011, 11:40 AM

I have netflix and I just bought a Vizio tv for the studio. I don't have to hook it up to the computer, the tv has wii inside and it just connects to my network by itself. Isn't that neat? It updates itself and I can go to netfix, itunes and bunches of stuff. The tv is becomming just like the computers now.

I also have a land line phone, cable tv, and cable internet service, all for 130.00 a month. Long distance to all the states is free.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:44 AM

I use Netflix. I have no problem with it. I find it very
convenient. However, they are going to be changing to a
strictly online policy of movies as opposed to sending DVDs.
Check that before you join. It's approximately $10 a month.
I have the simple plan. As many as I want for $10 a month one at a time. I have to send back the one I have before
they send me another one. They do have out-of-date
movies sometimes. They're not a Blockbuster, but I find
it to be okay.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:44 AM

one thing everyone needs to be aware of is how much you are downloading. I wasn't till last week. Our cable company is in the process of limiting internet usage. They are going to have 3 packages with a limit on how much each package can download. Streaming netflix counts as downloads. I got a nasty little letter this past week telling me we were WAY over our usage limits as defined in the service agreement. I never heard/read anything about that when we got the cable modem years ago. So we have cancelled our netflix for the time being and are in the process of trying to find another isp. The problem is the local company has basically a monopoly here unless you are in specific neighborhoods.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by sjdal
Netflix and Hulu Premium are both fabulous. With a laptop and an DVI and HDMI cable you can hook up a TV to your laptop. Apple TV also downloads Netflix directly to a TV. The box is only $99. and a huge bargain. I heard Netflix will be phasing out DVD's in the next year and will be streaming direct. Cable or Satellite TV has so many crass shows anymore. What happened to quality shows?
My tv is so old that I can't hook my laptop up to it......which kinda sucks...
Old 01-31-2011, 12:49 PM

Love the streaming Netflix! Even used it from my iPod at a quilt retreat this weekend (no TVs in the rooms).
Old 01-31-2011, 02:26 PM

I have had Netflix for almost 3 years and I love it. I can find obscure foreign movies and documentaries that I can't find anywhere else. I really like that Netflix will make recommendations once I have rated movies. I have found many excellent movies that way that I would not have known about any other way. I also watch old TV series on the streaming video--I am addicted!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Power Poster

My DH and I love Netflix. There is so many movies/shows to download right to my TV which is 52" and it's like being in the movies. It is very affordable and awesome! Have found so many wonderful things to watch that we otherwise would not have known about.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:54 PM

yes, yes, yes...it is worth it!! We have Wii and still my hubby gets the DVDs in the mail. You can get as many DVDs as you can watch and return in a month! That's as least 2 a week. Give the free trial a try. I think you will like it too!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:04 PM

I have netflix and have for years. I do not get into instantaneously on my televiosn, I get the dvd's through the mail. doesn't take long at all, ad the mailbox is almost right out my door to mail them.