Netflix...do you use it?

Old 01-31-2011, 09:36 PM

I have the one at a time version of NetFlix and love it.
I watch the movie send back the next day and in a couple days my new one is in the mail.
No limit on how many I get a month just one at a time.
We never go to the movies and love watching them in our home.
Our married kids and several friends go the same route.
No late charges for not being returned to the video store either.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:40 PM

Netflix saved me. I currently do not have TV. Tried Comcast...they are awful! Tried the dish networks (both) and I can't get a clear line of sight due to rooflines (lease is specific about what you can attach to their apt buildings so I can't hoist the dish up above the roofline). Found Netflix and am very happy with them. I can stream video to the laptop and get the DVDs. I have the 2 DVD plan and I think they are worth the price. They have a large library of current and classic movies. I love the convenience. If you don't care whether or not you watch the most recent episodes of a favorite TV show or sports, it is very cheap solution to a cable bill.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:49 PM

I have been a member of Netflix for over 6 years. This the best expense I have every month.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:28 PM

We love movies, and we also like almost everything on the BBC. It's great to watch TV series without commercials and without having to wait a week for the next one.

I love Netflix!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:25 AM

I don't have wii or blue ray or any of those other fancy gadgets.

If I don't have cable or the other ones, how are you able to watch those CD's? I want to get back onto Netflix, so if you don't have a TV , how are you watching the CD'S?I would like to know.

All of you have convinced me to get back to Netflix, its a good thing, will save me a bit of money this way...
Old 02-01-2011, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter
I don't have wii or blue ray or any of those other fancy gadgets.

If I don't have cable or the other ones, how are you able to watch those CD's? I want to get back onto Netflix, so if you don't have a TV , how are you watching the CD'S?I would like to know.

All of you have convinced me to get back to Netflix, its a good thing, will save me a bit of money this way...
I wasn't clear. I do have a TV and DvD player but I just can't get any programing even with an antenna. I watch the DVDs on the TV and DVD player but I can also insert them into my computer and watch them there. Does this help?
Old 02-01-2011, 09:11 AM

yes, that helps a lot! I somehow am not able to play them on my computer, so I can still watch them on my tv without the cable, I do have the DVD player, all righty then! thanks for the info...
Old 02-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

If it's there DH will have it. We have cable, satellite, Netflix, Hulu, and several others I don't remember the names of. My favorite is the Roku I use on my tv in my sewing room. I can stream any movie, or tv show instantly from any of the services. I love the PBS mini series the best.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:52 AM

what is Roku?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:00 PM

I asked the same question of my 30yr old niece who gets Netflix streamed to her computer. She can't find anything she likes on cable either but she really likes Netflix and says it is so much more affordable. We have Direct TV WHICH WE LIKE BETTER THAN CABLE BUT NOW MY HUSBAND WANTS TO TRY NETFLIX TOO. I don't watch much TV.
Sorry about the caps, I have anew laptop and keep hitting the cap key accidently.