New flooring Carpet Tiles

Old 11-21-2019, 04:25 PM

Default New flooring Carpet Tiles

Ok...decided to get the sewing room flooring updated. Old farmhouse, second floor. Unfinished “floor”. Current cheap Carpet is glued to the floor. Due to number of pieces of furniture in the room, my carpet guy suggested...carpet tile! It will be easier to install without having to move everything out of the space. Move the furniture as they lay the tiles.

I am really open to the idea because I know the modern carpet tile is so much nicer than the carpet tiles of decades ago and tiles can be removed and replaced if needed. So, has anyone put carpet tiles in their sewing room? Or anywhere else in the house?

Yes, I have considered vinyl plank. No, not spending $$$ to put down hardwood wood or laminate flooring due to price. Not Wanting to go overboard on price etc. Most of the floor will be sitting on the tiles so not a lot of the new flooring will even be visible. Just a nice refresh. I will take a look at my carpet tile options tomorrow.

The main floor is getting all new carpet too....the better stuff!
Old 11-21-2019, 04:48 PM
Power Poster

I used carpet tiles in my teenage daughters rooms until they moved out. They designed their own pattern with them. It was easy to take up one square to replace with spills and such. The carpet tiles are nice and affordable. Not having to move all the furniture at one time would be a big bonus.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:58 PM

before you go with carpet, check out snap together vinyl tiles--we put the in our foyer and love them! We got them at Home Depot but think you can find several places.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:24 PM

My husband installed carpet squares when we remodeled our walk-in closet. We love them.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:42 PM

When I was working, they carpeted my office with carpet tiles, and I loved them! They were versatile and easy to swap out when/if they needed cleaning. (My coffee cup had a habit of winding up on the floor!)
Old 11-21-2019, 08:59 PM

I have been involved with office remodels and high quality carpet tiles -- they can be a very real option, you might be able to look at remnant quantities and get a super deal on something very nice. As you say, the products of today are not the same as the products of yesterday.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:51 AM

Thanks for the great responses. I like how quiet carpet is. I envision low loft carpet tiles for visibility of dropped pins etc.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:36 AM

I think you are going to love those carpet tiles!
Old 11-22-2019, 09:45 AM

I think so too! I just picked out a color green called “fescue”. ( light sage look). Cannot wait to see it on the floor!
Old 11-22-2019, 09:59 AM

I think that will be a great color for the floor. How exciting! Does it have a texture or design?

I know fescues as interesting grasses for landscaping. I prefer lighter colored floors myself, those dark wood floors currently popular would need dusting every hour if I had them and since I dust about once a week just wouldn't be a good fit.