New Nails

Old 05-17-2010, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

One thing I absolutely love is doing my own nails. Mine are also strong and grow fast. But I don't like having manicures at all- I never like the way they do them. When my kids were little my weird sis-in-law said to me " Don't you know young mothers aren't supposed to do their nails?" I replied " HUH"??? I just love the way they look polished or not- but I usually polish them b/c I love all the colors. I go through all the latest crazes in colors too. I don't keep them super long anymore though. I don't like the look. We had a fellow nurse who had the longest nails- I think they were fake but anyway we had to trade jobs now and then b/c she couldn't do certain things lolol Then they started a no-fake nails policy but she ended up moving it didn't affect her. She was one of the nicest nurses I worked with but her nails were disgusting :D :D :D
Old 05-17-2010, 06:22 AM

I am a weak nail person, I thought there was no one else out there that has this problem but me sniff sniff. I love longer nails, hated the fake, wish mine would go long on thier own, would have a manicure if they did just to keep them nice. Wow....

Rita

Garlic huh?
Old 05-17-2010, 07:29 AM

marsye, I just love your sense of humor!!!!
Originally Posted by marsye
My natural nails grow very fast and I used to keep them looking good and polished.........not anymore! I can't do a thing with long nails! I don't know how others do it with very long ones! These are not my nails! :lol:
:lol:
Old 05-17-2010, 07:38 AM

My natural nails grow very fast and I used to keep them looking good and polished.........not anymore! I can't do a thing with long nails! I don't know how others do it with very long ones! These are not my nails! :lol:
She can give herself her own hemmroidectomy!!!!!!

:mrgreen:
Old 05-17-2010, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
She can give herself her own hemmroidectomy!!!!!!

:mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

A dermatologist can prescribe new medicines now for cosmetic problems, some weren't' even known about five years ago.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:57 AM

I've been having my nails done for about 15 years and I love them. I have never liked the squared off tips or the French tips...I just have my lady make them short and oval so they are just over the ends of my fingers and they always look great, I can type, sew, do whatever I need to do and I'm constantly being told they look so natural but because they are always perfect, "are they done or are they really your own?"
Old 05-17-2010, 11:11 AM

Don't give up on them! The trick is to start with short nails and slowly let them get longer, at about the same speed that they naturally grow, then you become totally used to them. Anyone who just sudenly adds a half-inch to their own length is bound to have trouble.
If you let them get too long though, they just get in the way.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:17 AM

I cant stand the feeling of anything on my nails. Same with make up, I don't wear either.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:28 AM

I did the glue-them-on-yourself nails one time about 20-25 years ago for a special night out. They didn't look too bad...but when I went to the restroom, I couldn't figure out how to get my pantyhose back up without poking holes in them!

I didn't leave them on long enough to learn how, either. I did a lot of typing in my job - on a REAL typewriter (now I'm dating myself), and I'm sure that would have been another disaster. For the past 20 years I've worked with a lady who does have beautiful fake nails, but she always asks me to open her can of soda. :oops: