New or old idea?

Old 01-01-2014, 06:16 AM

Did this for DH woodworking mags. Works great. Just the content page with pictures. Then I got magazine holders and put the magazines in binders by years.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by ube quilting
I use the page protectors and go one step beyond you. I actually cut the patterns I want out of the magazines and keep them in binders with different categories like Wall hangings, miniatures, paper pieced, seasonal, quilting motifs, instructions or tutorials, etc. I like hard copy and love to look through the binders for inspiration and I don't have to go to a magazine at all.
peace
I do that, too, but it's more to be able to part with the mountain of quilt magazines I've accumulated over the years. I'm afraid digital magazine subscriptions would disappear into cyber-nothingness like a lot of my pictures!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

So far I anly purchase them off the shelf. I am just old school I guess. I am going to have to step outside the box I guess and see what I think.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:12 PM

I'm thinking of dropping my subscriptions. Since I became a Pinterest addict, that's the only way I want to save pictures of quilts. I can usually find a pattern to buy for those for which I need a pattern. But for many, it's the COLORS used in a different way that captivate me. And there are many that simply INSPIRE me. I don't want to COPY someone else, but sometimes I get an idea just from seeing a quilt, and I put that quilt in the Board I have labeled 'Inspiration.' I break my Pinterest quilt boards up into many categories, so I can easily find what I want - or I use the Search feature.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:14 AM

I've decided to let my subscriptions lapse. The magazine comes, takes me 5 minutes to go through, and I'm done. But I can't throw it away! I have two huge piles tied up together trying to get rid of, but nobody wants them. They are too heavy to send through the mail, so I guess they go to the burn pile. I have saved my Love of Quilting since about 2005. Time to get rid of some of this stuff! (to make room for more fabric, of course!)