New pet peeve

Old 06-30-2010, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
One of my mottos is: "Don't sweat the petty and don't pet the sweaty".
eww, nothing worse than a sweaty peeve.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:31 AM

LMAO!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:45 AM

Before you rant too long....look at the times the posts were made. I gave someone an answer yesterday, and thought I was the first. But when I went back after "enter", there were something like 4 posts ahead of me saying the same thing. The timing difference was in seconds.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:51 AM

Nah I am done ranting! I know these things happen, Bad morning around here I guess, I sometimes miss the obvious too. Not picking on anyone just sometimes I wonder if we read back a bit to see if our question has been asked or answered. Some people a not familiar with search and this board is a learning experience for all of us. Most of the time It doesn't bother me but for some reason it did this morning! LOL
Old 06-30-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
Nah I am done ranting! I know these things happen, Bad morning around here I guess, I sometimes miss the obvious too. Not picking on anyone just sometimes I wonder if we read back a bit to see if our question has been asked or answered. Some people a not familiar with search and this board is a learning experience for all of us. Most of the time It doesn't bother me but for some reason it did this morning! LOL
There's days when I'm a little "peckish" too. Some days things just hit us wrong. For me it's when my hormones are trying to take a nap and keep being rousted from it.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:02 AM

This board has cycles. New users come on and ask the same questions, post their projects and get all excited about how wonderful the board and the people on it are. Then a year or so later they start to move away from using it.

Many of the talented and wonderful people I met when I first joined are now back seat observers. And new users are doing the postings and questions and answers.

It is a great board but if I had 3 Quilting board wishes
1. I really wish the ALL users would just do a topic search before asking questions.
2. People would use the Personal Diary section for their personal vents, celebrations and family pictures.
3. People would carefully consider the names for their topics. This isn't a tabloid. Use sensible headlines.

I know the administrator has worked hard to try and direct us in our topics, but we aren't good followers!

And that's my vent for the day! I am off to enjoy Canada Day with Family and friends at our cottage!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:11 AM

Have a great time at the cottage! Sounds so relaxing!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Power Poster

After reading through this post, a thought comes to mind...

Maybe it wouldn't hurt if we would re-read the rules for each section AND the board itself

Use the tabs at the top of the page first, ask questions if you can't find what you want/need.

Police ourselves better

Respect other members topics by reading the whole first comment...AND skim through the rest of the replies before responding. It is annoying to get notified of a new response to your thread, only to find the same question being asked that has already been answered multiple times already. I guess it boils down to treat others as you would like to be treated :wink:

I am sure that Admin, the Moderators and other board members would appreciate this immensely, it would make their jobs much easier :D:D:D
Old 06-30-2010, 10:56 AM

When members post a picture of their latest quilt, it would be really helpful if they indicated the pattern name and source (commercial pattern, magazine pattern/name of magazine and issue) in their original post. So many times, there are several members that ask about the pattern.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Power Poster

We also need to remember that this is nobody's personal playground. Many people of varying backgrounds and varying ability participate in the general discussion. Some are shy and easily intimidated (no, not speaking of moi) and I have become much more patient because I do not want to send someone to the background by being unkind.