New puppy

Old 06-04-2010, 06:04 PM

Lili and Tank update: Tank is doing very well with puppy.
We've had sooooo much rain it has been hard trying to train Lili to go poddy outside. She stands on my feet. She doesn't like rain. She's been with us a week now. Growing fast. She has 2 speeds of sleep and 90+. Never a dull moment around here.
She is kenneling well. She sleeps 1/2 the night in the kennel and the other 1/2 in bed with us. We love her very much.
We are doggy sitting a black lab and Tank tries to keep the lab away from her. Its so cute. He loves his baby.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:25 PM

oh, how fun!
I just need to know - - how does the puppy get from the kennel to the bed, or vice versa?
A lot of people don't think that teaching a puppy to be in a kennel is restrictive, but I have found that the kennel provides a stability and safe place that helps the puppies fit into the family better.
(not the same as a playpen and a human baby, though the playpen usually has a good place in the human family, also) <wave>
and, how does puppy think about the lab? (do you think female babies are more gregarious than males?) <wave>
Old 06-04-2010, 07:42 PM

I guess I forgot the picture :oops:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79595.jpe  
Old 06-04-2010, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by omak
oh, how fun!
I just need to know - - how does the puppy get from the kennel to the bed, or vice versa?
A lot of people don't think that teaching a puppy to be in a kennel is restrictive, but I have found that the kennel provides a stability and safe place that helps the puppies fit into the family better.
(not the same as a playpen and a human baby, though the playpen usually has a good place in the human family, also) <wave>
and, how does puppy think about the lab? (do you think female babies are more gregarious than males?) <wave>
I have the kennel right next to the bed. When Tank got sick about 5 years ago we made a stair for him. Now there is a stair on my side of the bed. I had to clear off all the magazines so I'm training puppy to use it. Dogs are den animals so kennels are their dens.
They are restrictive but all in good. One thing you don't want a puppy to have is full rein. Tank has full rein now so the whole house is his kennel. Someday it will be that way with Lili.
Lili loves the lab. They play well together. They live 2 blocks from here so I'm sure they'll have lots of play dates. As for females being more gregarious than males, not necessarily.
My Tanker is alot more cudley than Heidi was. She was a bit more shy and he was not shy at all. Loved everybody. Still does. Heidi loved everybody to but had to get to know ya.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:55 PM

That picture is precious. :D
Old 06-07-2010, 08:54 AM

More pictures. She is now 9 weeks old and growing fast.
I was reading Modern Dog last night and she fell asleep upside down as always and started sucking her tongue. Crazy girl.
She is doing awesome and Tank is really taking to her. The black lab we were baby sitting for a week went home yesterday and Tank seems to be happier and playing with Lili more. We are heading out for more leash training.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-80660.jpe   attachment-80737.jpe   attachment-80738.jpe  
Old 06-07-2010, 11:36 AM

ahhh, she's kissing daddy/brother (which do you call it?) ... so cute! <wave>
Old 06-07-2010, 11:42 AM

ahhh, she's kissing daddy/brother (which do you call it?) ... so cute! <wave>
Tank is actually her grandpa so he's grandpa Tank. Ohhhh I guess that makes me great grandma. I guess I better re think that one. hehe. :mrgreen:
Old 06-08-2010, 03:23 AM

Well, you know what the physical relationship is, and I know what the physical relationship is, however
if you hadn't bought a puppy in the same line, what would Tank be?
you really aren't raising Lili as Tank's granddaughter, are you???
LOL
Look out grandparents! There is a new way of thinking about how to keep you entertained and enjoying life <g>
<wave> ;-)
Old 06-08-2010, 07:01 AM

Well, you know what the physical relationship is, and I know what the physical relationship is, however
if you hadn't bought a puppy in the same line, what would Tank be?
you really aren't raising Lili as Tank's granddaughter, are you???
LOL
Look out grandparents! There is a new way of thinking about how to keep you entertained and enjoying life <g>
<wave> ;-)
Well actually I tell Lili I'm mama and Tank is buddy Tank.
And I tell Tank I'm mama so I guess brother Tank will do too.
I guess I could get my mom a shirt that says ask me about my granddogs huh? :thumbup: