Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • NO!  It is not my fault ....not totally at least. >
  • NO! It is not my fault ....not totally at least.

• NO! It is not my fault ....not totally at least.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:43 PM

Unhappy NO! It is not my fault ....not totally at least.

Okay, plenty of snow, wind, cold. Fun snow days from school, some snow days from work, more work for us rural folks, but come on ...it's winter! Let me explain......its been mild and seemed more like spring and didn't look like winter with no snow and so I put all my snowmen figurines, snow quilts and curtains and other snow decorations away early. That does not make it my fault that we now have snow, snow and more snow. I'll bet lots more people were thinking spring too. So how about if I put all the snowy things back out? Will that make the snow go away? Hummm, worth a try. Although we are actually thankful cause our fields really need moisture. God always know better than we do and to every thing there is a season.
    Old 02-21-2013, 04:07 PM
    Power Poster

We have had a mild winter and figured we had sno and/or something coming sooner or later. Today is the day, we got snow about an inch or two, freezing rain and sleet. Suppose to get freezing rain in the morning. Probably the last but who knows. Mother Nature seems to have to show us whose boss.
    Old 02-21-2013, 06:42 PM
    Power Poster

We do not get snow in this neck of the woods, but wash the car and it is sure to rain!!!!
    Old 02-22-2013, 11:38 AM

Our daffodils were blooming last weekend when we got snow and now they are all dead. Looking forward to spring!
    Old 02-22-2013, 09:36 PM

I leave anything related to snow out until I am sure we will not have anymore snow. Because I live in the piedmont of North Carolina it is not likely that we will get much snow at all, but I am not taking any chances. So far this winter we had one little snow that melted in the morning. Not even enough to play in. Keep hoping for some though. Maybe if I put mine away as LenaBeena did we would get some.
    Old 02-23-2013, 07:15 AM

LET IT SNOW! I have not been able to go sledding with my grand-kids this year (or last year) because of lack of snow in ILL. I love snow and we really need the moisture for the crops as we were in a drought last year.
    Old 02-23-2013, 07:45 AM

We finally got SNOW About 10" of the stuff. Great since I live in the rual part of Missouri and the land is really dry. Before Thursday we had 6" this season and that even topped last years total. And there is another storm perdicted for Monday-Tuesday. I want the SNOW, but they are talking freezing rain. No to the rain, yes to the snow. Besides I get to sew and quilt while it is snowing.
    Old 02-23-2013, 10:44 AM

I try not to complain because the country has been suffering drought conditions for the last 8 yrs. So I'm glad for any moisture we get. But I will be glad when the cold is gone-it is playing havoc with my finances. And I prefer shoveling 4 ft of snow to chipping 4 inches of ice off the car windows like yesterday. Pops needed to go to the stores so for him I'll do it, otherwise I would have waited for Mother Nature to melt it all away.
    Old 02-23-2013, 11:44 AM

I know that those of you buried under piles of snow won't be impressed, but Tucson's BIG golf tournament was delayed for a day on Wednesday because of SNOW!
    Old 02-23-2013, 12:58 PM

I will probably be unwelcomed in here , but it is 82 * right now in St .Augustine,Fl. We were threatened with snow about 2 weeks ago ,but it never happened. We will have at least one more cold spell before Easter, in the 30's this coming Thurs night.I was raised up in the snow in Western Ky, and miss it sometimes -(but it don't last long,.)