Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • non-quilters don't understand >
  • non-quilters don't understand

• non-quilters don't understand

Old 06-28-2011, 04:14 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by mustangquilts
    I explained to my DH that my "collection" is really my 401K. When I retire I can draw from it anytime I want and there will never be a shortage even if I live to 400. See I have invested will :mrgreen:
    this is so true. i retired early unexpectedly. thank goodness i have my 'collection' as i don't have the funds to shop at will now :)
    Old 06-28-2011, 02:24 PM

I love going "shopping" in my barn :D....as does my dgd who is also learning to quilt :D
    Old 06-28-2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by mustangquilts
    I explained to my DH that my "collection" is really my 401K. When I retire I can draw from it anytime I want and there will never be a shortage even if I live to 400. See I have invested will :mrgreen:

I will have to remember this when my husband wants to know why I have so much fabric.
    Old 06-28-2011, 04:26 PM

I did not have a witty comment to make back in 97 when I began "collecting'. So after many many purchases, I told DH that I was stocking up in case there ever was a shortage. He was & is fine with that, even with the shortage that has caused the prices to rise. So now I just tell folks that this is for whenever I might not be able to go out & hit the Shops. Waiting for one of them to pop off about having the internet to shop from. LOL
    Old 06-28-2011, 05:18 PM

DH has never questioned my collection -- he does comment about it having expanded to fill all available space. I am glad I have it since I am retired and money is tighter (especially with the price of gas and groceries).
    Old 06-28-2011, 05:28 PM

People who collect anything, understand fully. someone who doesn't collect or wouldn't collect, hasn't a clue.
    When DH has mentioned that while I have overflowing fabric in stash, I never have the right one anyway, I remind him that he still needs more nails or screws because his # of boxes were not the right ones. He said, "yea, but that's different" with a smirk!
    My oldest daughter asked me if "dad" was ok with my BUYING quilts when I have all the fabric to MAKE my own. I said your dad still buys furniture when he has wood in his workshop to make things with. She said "oh".
    Old 06-28-2011, 05:28 PM

People who collect anything, understand fully. someone who doesn't collect or wouldn't collect, hasn't a clue.
    When DH has mentioned that while I have overflowing fabric in stash, I never have the right one anyway, I remind him that he still needs more nails or screws because his # of boxes were not the right ones. He said, "yea, but that's different" with a smirk!
    My oldest daughter asked me if "dad" was ok with my BUYING quilts when I have all the fabric to MAKE my own. I said your dad still buys furniture when he has wood in his workshop to make things with. She said "oh".