Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >
  • Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

• Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-08-2011, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Okay, my weird news of the day. Now that I have dropped more pounds, I have moved from the super obesity to the morbid obesity to the -ta da- now I am merely severely obese. Not much to brag about but it really is, as this has increased my chances of living another 5 years by 20% or more. Wow! See those tiny little pounds that we are pushing to reduce do add up to big results. Keep on working at losing weight because YOU are worth the effort.

You're doing great. Keep up the good work.
    Old 11-08-2011, 07:34 AM

Missy, enjoy your new Bernina! I just love mine (440QE) as a matter of fact I asked for another one for Christmas! I want a simple low end one to use when the QE is humming along with embrodiery. Since I need to stay in the room to keep an eye on it, I would like to at least sew in there too!

MJ, that is amazing news!!!! I know there are just 'labels' but the fact that you are extending your life is wonderful.

I am still figuring out this new site as well. I miss the button that let us go back to where we last read. We'll get it figured out sooner or later!
    Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 AM

Taboo Tuesday!!!! You get your chocolate back today Ladies!!! Whoooohooo for all of us that made it thru this tough week. A pat on the back for those who reduced the amount of chocolate they ate as well! This week y'all need to put on your reading glasses, because we are going to READ every label & give up TRANS FAT! I went thru my fridge & pantry & the only trans fat I found still lurking in there was stick marg & the pouch package of sugar cookie mix that I use when my DGD wants to bake with me. Let's all post when & where we find that bad fat so others can avoid it too. As always PM me with any suggestions for new taboos. )
    Old 11-08-2011, 07:45 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Originally Posted by meanmom
    I don't know how to post this question anywhere else so i will ask you guys. I am having trouble finding things on this new board. I can't find the things I used to read most days. I used to read the main and picture section. WHen I click on them now it is different. The most recent tab seems to be the same things day after day. Anyone else having these issues?
    What's New shows the threads with the most recent posts. If you want to see the most recently started threads, the only way I've found is one forum at a time. Go to the forum, say Main. Go all the way to the bottom of the screen. You have thread display options. You may choose how far back you want to see--day, week, etc. May also choose how to sort. If you choose Thread Start Time, descending, you will new the newest threads first. Now the bad news. It won't stay that way as the default .
    Old 11-08-2011, 09:14 AM

I find this thread by using 'My Profile' then clicking on 'Find Recent Posts' under my avatar. I'm missing 'Recent Topics'. too, but I am saving some time by not sitting here so much. I also don't like having to open every picture. Is that just my older computer?

The leaves are done, but I was whipped last night. No walk. Poor doggies, but they did to play outside while I worked. My weight is up so it's time to get it under control. I expect it to fluctuate 2 pounds, but no more than that.

MJ, that's great that you have dropped into another category. I don't like the word 'obese'. It seems so much harsher than 'overweight'.

Jeanne, is you husband taking Magnesium Malate? I would be bed bound without it. I proved it last week when I forgot to take one at bedtime. A few days off and I was all but immobilized.

I did not make last week's taboo at all. I did become aware of my chocolate consumption, but that's it. I expect to do much better this week. Trans fat is very unhealthy, so you've chosen a good one. Oh, oh. The pumpkin ice cream has 1.5 grams. Good bye, ice cream. Darn, it made very good lattes. I don't have any coffee creamer in the house right now, but that will take some label reading to find one without trans fat. Again, this is a very good taboo for anyone concerned about their health and the shape of their tummy. Trans fats are definitely a factor in carrying weight in the abdomen.

Have a healthy eating day. I AM losing weight and becoming healthier.
    Judy
    Old 11-08-2011, 10:15 AM

Thanks for the info, I will try it out, I do get tired of having to see the same ones every day.
    Originally Posted by Krisb
    What's New shows the threads with the most recent posts. If you want to see the most recently started threads, the only way I've found is one forum at a time. Go to the forum, say Main. Go all the way to the bottom of the screen. You have thread display options. You may choose how far back you want to see--day, week, etc. May also choose how to sort. If you choose Thread Start Time, descending, you will new the newest threads first. Now the bad news. It won't stay that way as the default .
    Old 11-08-2011, 03:02 PM

Did anyone watch Dr Oz yesterday? I am just watching it now. It is about losing 40 lbs by next spring. It's pretty much about weight watchers. They want you to lose slow and easy.
    I finally figured out how to subscribe to this thread and get email notices. Before that I would go to the main page and do a search. After the first time searching where you type in the November Weight Loss, all you have to type in is the N; the rest shows up so you just hit the search key. I spend so much less time on here since the change. I just read this thread and look at pictures in the archives.
    Old 11-08-2011, 04:33 PM

I don't often watch him, but wish I had. WW info is said to be so up to date .....I enjoy learning about it.

Originally Posted by Pam H
    Did anyone watch Dr Oz yesterday? I am just watching it now. It is about losing 40 lbs by next spring. It's pretty much about weight watchers. They want you to lose slow and easy.
    I finally figured out how to subscribe to this thread and get email notices. Before that I would go to the main page and do a search. After the first time searching where you type in the November Weight Loss, all you have to type in is the N; the rest shows up so you just hit the search key. I spend so much less time on here since the change. I just read this thread and look at pictures in the archives.
    Old 11-08-2011, 05:00 PM

I do wish Dr Oz would pick a eating plan that he believes in and endorse just it - at least for a while. He switches constantly. Last week it was was raw and vegetarian (combined). That one may be good for your cholesterol and blood sugar levels, but it is doable for most people? WW works for so many. The really old program had too many carbs for me, but I'm not familiar with the newer ones. I missed today because my oldest DD and I go out to dinner on Tuesdays. I can catch a rerun in the morning on another station.
    Old 11-08-2011, 05:21 PM

If we tried to use all the things he says is good for you,we'd be popping a lot of odd stuff...LOL Looks like he's hooked up with WW now.There's so much food advice out there....be a full time job to sift thru it.

Originally Posted by irishrose
    I do wish Dr Oz would pick a eating plan that he believes in and endorse just it - at least for a while. He switches constantly. Last week it was was raw and vegetarian (combined). That one may be good for your cholesterol and blood sugar levels, but it is doable for most people? WW works for so many. The really old program had too many carbs for me, but I'm not familiar with the newer ones. I missed today because my oldest DD and I go out to dinner on Tuesdays. I can catch a rerun in the morning on another station.