Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >
  • Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

• Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-16-2011, 07:24 AM

I hope Ethan has the best doctors quickly solving what is causing the seizures. Please know he is in my thoughts. Keep us posted. This must be so stressful for all.
    Originally Posted by Pam H
    Please put my little grand nephew, Ethan, on your prayer list. He is 3 yrs old and has been having seizures. They are so bad right now; he is having a seizure every 15 to 20 seconds. The anti-seizure meds are not helping and some are making them worse. He is seeing top notch doctors in the Twin Cities but they can't seem to get a handle on this.
    Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 AM

I am praying for Ethan as I type. As a mother of five and a school employee for 32 years, I have a special care for children.

Good morning, y'all. I hope everyone who is under the weather has a quick recovery. Pneumonia is scary stuff. I had it in 1983 and once is enough. It took onions and raw honey to get rid of the cough. Nothing modern medicine had to offer worked for me. One of these days I need to get my pneumonia vaccine. I refuse to combine it with a flu shot and then I don't think of it any other time. One of the pharmacists at Walgreen's is very good looking. Maybe I'll get the vaccine the next time I see him working. Not before Thanksgiving. I have too much to do to have a sore arm.

The dining room carpet is clean and I finished making 88 Flying Geese. They are big so I could make fewer. Now to sew them together. If I'm going to have to put away my quilt top for a few days, I'd like it in one piece. I took the motor off the pretty turquoise SM and put it in the car. I will go to Home Depot and get what I need, then my son can rewire it Thanksgiving Day. Works for me. He likes to do things for me and feels bad he can't working out of state, so it works for him, too.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Judy
    Old 11-16-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H
    Please put my little grand nephew, Ethan, on your prayer list. He is 3 yrs old and has been having seizures. They are so bad right now; he is having a seizure every 15 to 20 seconds. The anti-seizure meds are not helping and some are making them worse. He is seeing top notch doctors in the Twin Cities but they can't seem to get a handle on this.
    Pam, that just breaks my heart for the little guy! Please let us know how he is doing. I hope y'all are hanging in there okay. It is so hard when you just want to fix all of their problems & you just can't. (((hugs!)))
    Old 11-16-2011, 03:14 PM

Default Pictures of quilts I have been working on.

I finally figured out how to upload pictures. Here are some of the yellow brick road quilts I have done, and the 4th pictures is the squares cut for a Take 5 quilt.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails dscf1451.jpg   dscf1452.jpg   dscf1453.jpg   dscf1454.jpg  
    Old 11-16-2011, 03:34 PM

I love green, the quilts turned out nicely. What is a Take 5 quilt?
    I am almost done with one for one of my grandsons, I will share when the binding is finished. Lots of work before Christmas, I am already tired.
    Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    I finally figured out how to upload pictures. Here are some of the yellow brick road quilts I have done, and the 4th pictures is the squares cut for a Take 5 quilt.

Thanks for looking.
    Old 11-16-2011, 05:48 PM

Take 5 is a pattern where you use 5 fabrics, in the one i did, there are only 4 fabrics, I doubled the navy fabric, the child this quilt is for his Dad is in the Navy. Once I have it completed I will post a picture.

I also like the way the green and brown quilts turned out.

Originally Posted by Murphy1
    I love green, the quilts turned out nicely. What is a Take 5 quilt?
    I am almost done with one for one of my grandsons, I will share when the binding is finished. Lots of work before Christmas, I am already tired.
    Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 PM

Very nice, Cindy! I love the idea of using their names within a patch. I need to remember that!
    Old 11-16-2011, 08:45 PM

Yes I have several parents who have requested it since they take their quilt to day care or mom's day out. The first green and brown still needs the name put on it. But this parent wanted that before I went in the hospital and I need to find out if she still wants it before I put the name on it. That way if not I have one for someone else.

Originally Posted by Beachbound
    Very nice, Cindy! I love the idea of using their names within a patch. I need to remember that!
    Old 11-17-2011, 03:15 AM

So sorry to hear about Ethan.Nothing makes us feel more helpless than a sick child.Prayers for him & all concerned.
    Old 11-17-2011, 03:19 AM

I also like the names on their own quilt. Can't beat a bright,happy quilt. The kids will love them.