Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >
  • Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

• Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-21-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H
    We just planned a winter vacation to The Dominican Republic. We leave New Years Eve. Yikes! That means wearing a swimsuit to the beach and pool. It's been a few years since I've had a swimsuit on and I weighed much less than this. I've got 5 1/2 weeks to work on it. If only I had lost 5 lbs a month since I've joined this group.
    Pam sounds like a fun vacation. Enjoy yourself when you go. Till then stay focused on your weight loss goals.
    Old 11-21-2011, 07:20 PM

Today in therapy, on of the things that was talked about is that instead of focusing on the pounds you need to lose. Look at a healthy goal, such as walking 45 mins 4 times a week, etc. I find this a good thing that will help me to focus on the goal instead of the number of pounds. They also talked about making realistic goals, things that are achieveable.

THought I would share.
    Old 11-21-2011, 07:32 PM

I sent you an email and they say that it hasn't been delivered and they would try for 2 more days. Check to see if I have the correct email address in my PM. Have a happy healthy Thanksgiving.
    Originally Posted by Beachbound
    We'll be putting up a 12 foot monster too but we need to add the lights. I love that tree but it does take about 4 days until it's finished. DH & I were just talking about holiday baking. He has a list of wants but luckily it's shorter than usual. I will be strong and enjoy a bite here &there but not eat just because it's there. Now that there is only 2 of us at home, there just isn't the need to go nuts...other than Christmas Day. oh wait; my son & DIL will be here for a while too...maybe just a little nuts

Last edited by Murphy1; 11-21-2011 at 07:36 PM.
    Old 11-21-2011, 07:37 PM

Yes you should focus on the health benefits not on pounds. YOu are in this for the health benefits. Weight is just a number. My class had a special olympics field trip today. We played soccer all day. The kids were pretty good. One of them is having issues with his medication. It wears off about noon. Playing soccer it was not too bad but when we were sitting for awards NOT GOOD. I was tying my shoe and he took off and tried to open the fire door and set off the alarm. Then he ran out the front door of the building. Luckily it was pretty far from the street. We have been after mom for months about this. Mom is kinda slow herself. He was literally bouncing off walls when we got back to school. Hopefully the soccer wore off all the junk food I ate today. I need to get back on track, my eating is out of control this week and it's not even THanksgiving yet. Yikes!
    I will do better tomorrow.
    Pat
    Old 11-21-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy1
    I sent you an email and they say that it hasn't been delivered and they would try for 2 more days. Check to see if I have the correct email address in my PM. Have a happy healthy Thanksgiving.
    oh that's odd.....let me doublecheck to see if I fatfingered somewhere. I'll send you one to see if it will work too. I'm pretty excited about our I Spy adventure!
    Old 11-22-2011, 02:28 AM

GM all.Our Thgiving plans might be out the window.I woke 3 days ago with a tummy ache(something I never have) along with cold chills & sleeping a lot.Dozed off & on all day yest,then slept 10hrs last nt.Not sick & no other symptoms.No appetite ,so won't worry about it this wk.
    Will decide today if we'll go away for Thgiving or stay home.Hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving.
    Old 11-22-2011, 03:07 AM

Good morning everyone!

Patti, so sorry to hear your not feeling well. Hope your better by Thanksgiving.

Yesterday was a strange day for me. I woke up a little before midnight and couldn't get back to sleep. So I did my usual morning duties just several hours earlier. Then felt sleepy so at 4 a.m. I took a brief nap but was back up by 5. Spent some time on my computer, woke hubby up at usual time so we could do the dogs. Ate breakfast and the started to work on finishing quilt projects. I quilted for about an hour and was so tired I was making horrible mistakes. I finally gave up and layed down, slept most of the day when I wasn't eating. Today has started off some what the same but I forced myself to lay back down and sleep longed and didn't actually get up till 4:30 so I hope today is better.

I don't do well around holidays so I think thats what is going on is holiday stress. If that's it this will go off & on all through Dec.

I hope I can get my quilt project I was working on fixed and completeted over the next couple days.

Has anyone kept a poinsetta plant going for a whole year? I've kept mine from last year growing, not with red leaves just lots of green leaves. I'm wondering if I should do something special to get it to have red leaves this year.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Cindy that was a wonderful tip you exercise therapist gave you. I should just consintratrate on water aerobics for an hour three times a week and not how many pounds that I will lose.

Take it One Day at a Time!
    Old 11-22-2011, 06:16 AM

I hope resting today and tomorrow will help. Take care.

Originally Posted by plainpat
    GM all.Our Thgiving plans might be out the window.I woke 3 days ago with a tummy ache(something I never have) along with cold chills & sleeping a lot.Dozed off & on all day yest,then slept 10hrs last nt.Not sick & no other symptoms.No appetite ,so won't worry about it this wk.
    Will decide today if we'll go away for Thgiving or stay home.Hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving.
    Old 11-22-2011, 08:43 AM

Taboo Tuesday!

Todays taboo is GUILT! No guilt allowed this week, just enjoy your Thanksgiving. Eat in moderation, excerise when you can and love whoever will let you. If you do overeat on Thursday, don't fuss but get back on program on Friday....or Saturday...or as soon as you can. Live is short enough we need to enjoy each day and embrace who we are while making sure we are getting stronger & healthier each & every day. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Old 11-22-2011, 09:20 AM

My weakness is peanut butter, maybe sometime that could be a taboo. I could eat peanut butter lollipops anytime ( peanut butter on a spoon) I will eat in moderation allllll week. As someone said the first bit and the last bit taste the same. Just don't have to many in between. I am going to savor the bites this week.
    Originally Posted by Beachbound
    Taboo Tuesday!

Todays taboo is GUILT! No guilt allowed this week, just enjoy your Thanksgiving. Eat in moderation, excerise when you can and love whoever will let you. If you do overeat on Thursday, don't fuss but get back on program on Friday....or Saturday...or as soon as you can. Live is short enough we need to enjoy each day and embrace who we are while making sure we are getting stronger & healthier each & every day. Happy Thanksgiving!