Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >
  • Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

• Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-27-2011, 12:42 PM

Me too
    But I would rather send a fat quarter and be motivated for the next round then not have this board keep me focused. I am just hoping for a down not an up.
    Originally Posted by wvhill22
    3 more days..Im getting my fat quarter ready to mail...lol
    Old 11-27-2011, 03:45 PM

Hi, y'all. Cold with a wet snow here. It was windy earlier, but it has died down so the dogs and I have been out for a couple of miles. They love their walks no matter what the weather.

Cindy - no allergies? Two of my children and at least one GD can't have a real tree. Too much mold.

I started recleaning the house today but I didn't get far. Figure skating on TV and several naps took up a lot of time. I'm having trouble sleeping which is rare for me. I think I know why - I started taking a med on alternate days, which doesn't work very well. I skipped several days, especially with the girls here. One a sweetheart and one difficult. I will do one section of the carpet in the LR tonight. I used Febreeze carpet shampoo. It did a good job but in retrospect it looks like there is no Scotchguard in it. Not a good idea. Plus Miss M's cute high heeled boots left a lot of black on the white carpet. She won't back before next Summer so it won't be ongoing.

My weight hasn't changed, but at least it stopped going up. Tomorrow's a travel day so I will be eating light. I will put my design wall back up and get back on the wildlife quilt. I'm waiting for my son to call to ask which one of his daughter's graduation pictures he likes best. We took them here - M wanted a lake in the background. Apparently Albuqueque doesn't have one nearby. They are on my computer so printing one on fabric shouldn't be a problem. I haven't done that yet -always something new in this quilting adventure.

I am losing weight and getting healthier. That's what I wish for all of us in this busy season.
    Old 11-27-2011, 07:57 PM

I had a great Thanksgiving weekend with my family. All of my brothers and sisters were there plus their families. The only one missing was one of my sons. He is in the navy and is living in Japan. Too far to come. He promises he will be home for a month this summer. We had a lot of fun visiting and went on a lot of hikes. 2 miles on Wednesday, 4 on Thursday, 7 on Friday( I won't do that again), and 4 miles on Saturday. The weather was wonderful. It went up to at least 60 every day. Very nice for November in this area. We got up Sunday morning to rain, but we were going home anyway. I ate like a pig all weekend. Lots of cookies and junk food. I will wait a couple of days to step on the scale. I feel bloated Back to eating right. I threw the remaining cookies down the garbage disposal. I too am sure I will be sending a a fat quarter to someone else. I was doing really good until this week.
    Old 11-27-2011, 10:03 PM

LOL sounds like I'm not alone in splurging over the weekend. We had just the three of us for Thanksgiving so it meant the entire meal was gluten free, including the pumpkin pie. We also celebrated my birthday this weekend. I know when I get on the scale in the morning I will have gained. No regrets though, I knew I would be off the diet this weekend and I enjoyed every minute of it. Now I will get back to work.
    Old 11-28-2011, 12:03 AM

please add me for de*ember. still eating for two, losing for one. agape' and pax to all!

keys dead-- a b * d e f g * i j k l m n o p q r s t u * w x y z
    Old 11-28-2011, 01:32 AM

Ugh, can't sleep. I hate that. Just because I drank a pepsi at 2pm to ward off a headache.
    We had a very nice Thanksgiving with the 4 of us. Friday I packed up the leftover turkey and stuffing plus all the candy/cookie making supplies and went to our daughter's apartment in Madison. I made Savory Turkey Cobbler and a turkey stew from the leftovers. Both were great. We made Ritz cookies, almond bark pretzels, almond bark cranberries, peanut clusters, oreo balls, peanut blossoms and cut out cookies. I had already made 3 batches of fudge before we left. Yes, I gained 2 lbs. Everything is either in the freezer or out on the porch out of sight. All set for plating up and giving for gifts.
    This week I have a knitting class, quilting class and a card making class. I like classes!
    I'm thinking I might join weight watchers. I've gained 4 lbs since I joined this group in June. Maybe paying money will motiviate me to lose.
    Old 11-28-2011, 04:52 AM

Pam, WW is great & I agree that paying money makes me take it seriously. Our church dropped WW & so the meetings are farther away now. If I could lose another 24 poumds I could go back for free, lol since I am a Life Member.

LaurieJo, I am glad you enjoyed your holiday. We need to learn how to enjoy life & then get back on program. At least I need to learn that!

Sore throat, headache & upset tummy on keeping me on track this week. Not the best way to lose but I'll take it.

I am missing our regulars! I hope they are doing okay. I started on this thread back in Jan & then dropped off for a while.....seems like some of the regulars back then are completely gone. I sure hope everyone is doing well & dropped off because they are healthy.
    Old 11-28-2011, 05:01 AM

Nancia - happy to see you back. I will remember you for December.

Pam H - I know what you mean about paying for WW as another motivation for weight loss.

Meanmom - sounds like you had an awesome trip and with nice weather.

I wonder who we will be mailing a FQ to this month.
    Old 11-28-2011, 05:30 AM

I just went back to look at what the fat quarter will be to send this month. Red, white or blue relating to the warmth of a fire and winter on its way. I am where I started so I have today and tomorrow to get it to where it was before Thursday. I hope I can at least do that. I am in for December, it will motivate me to not bake too many goodies for such a few of us. Long gone are the days of little kids looking forward to the traditional goodies. What are some of your traditional have to make for the holidays. I have a fabulous Anise Seed Biscotti that will be baked, love it with coffee in the morning. I also make my mom's Poor Man's Cake. Those two will be there, my daughter still likes the roll out cookies of which a faborite now is a chocolate star cookie sprinkled with crushed peppermint candy . I use to make chocolate fudge every year, but I won't as who would eat it but us, and as diabetics we don't need it.
    Have a successful finale to November - back to quilting instead of baking.
    Old 11-28-2011, 08:09 AM

Nancia, I was just thinking of you and your posts when I was wandering around telling myself not to turn on the computer. (The computer won). It's nice to hear from you.

Murphy, thank you for looking up the FQ. I will be sending for sure. I'm concerned about MJ. She usually posts the next month by this date. Is she well? Missy has her phone # and e-mail, but I don't know who else does. Missy and Xylie are strangely absent, too. The last we heard from Missy, she had pneumonia, plus Xylie had fallen from a tree or roof and was badly bruised.

Not baking loads of goodies has been hard. When I had a cookie eating husband and five children at home, I could bake anything and everything. We made hundreds of cookies at Christmas time for gifts for family and friends. My oldest daughter was just talking about the couches and every flat surface covered in cookies waiting for the frosting to set. We were surprised our dog didn't touch them. I love baking and trying new recipes, but I can't bake my muffins today until I clean the oven. MY GSIL spilled turkey broth getting the turkey out for me. I hate the smell of cleaning the oven but it's time.

The extra tables and chairs (including a 53 year old highchair) are still out from T dinner. I want to straighten that closet before I put them back. Darn, I'd rather be quilting. My little tree is coming out Thursday. I gave away my big one because I just can't do it alone anymore. I will still decorate every corner of the house and put out my 13 nativities and many, many angels.

How seriously does WW take 'lifetime'? I am a lifetime member from the early 80s, but my goal weight was 138. That's going to tough to get down there again. The old program didn't work for me - too much bread and I'm not familiar with the new one. On a limited income, I'd rather buy fabric though I did like the accountability of the weekly weigh in. There's something about seeing in print for us visual learners.

It's 11:07. If I'm going to eat all my carbs before noon, I'd better get started. I need to drop these five pounds quickly.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Judy