Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!! >
  • November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!!

• November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!!

Old 11-04-2013, 11:49 AM

This is day four of going peskatarian. I've had zero junk food or soda and no meat. We're having spaghetti squash and asparagus soup for supper. I'm super excited! I found a great vegan cookbook, and I'm in love with every recipe. (except maybe the crabmeat) I was at my parent's house yesterday and was bombarded with junk food - and passed it all up. That was reallllllly hard! (I loooovvveee sweets!) Going to the park to walk later. Behind on exercise. I hope I'm able to keep this pace for the rest of the month! =D
    Old 11-04-2013, 12:46 PM

At my weigh in today I was the same as last Thursday. That's okay, at least I didn't gain. Saturday my DH and I went shopping for clothes. I finally got some clothes that fit me since I'm down over 40 lbs. haha I was looking a little "tacky" in my size 26 and 24 jeans. The new ones are size 18/20. I got a pair of black dress pants, three pair of jeans and two more blouses. The blouses are now size 1X instead of 3X. I'm feeling better about myself nowadays. A friend at church brought me a bag of clothes to look through. She also gave me a sack from Sears that has two pair of slacks that are new with the tags still on them. She also gave me the receipt so I can take them back if I don't want them or they don't fit. How great is that. God is really blessing me in the clothes department and I am so thankful.

Oh, and my DH bought some new jeans and a shirt. We looked great yesterday at church in our new duds! LOL
    Old 11-05-2013, 03:56 AM

Teddybear Lady, that is so great!! New duds AND a smaller size. I went into a smaller size recently as well. Really felt good to get rid of those old bigger sizes. Took a WHOLE bunch to Second Source for them to deal with. Got them out of the house. Even had some shoes that I swear were too loose. Do you lose weight in your feet? I've had surgery on my toes, so I'm very limited in what I can wear (no more pointy toes and high heels for me). My toes dictate the type of shoes I will wear from now on. WE ARE GETTING SMALLER!
    Old 11-05-2013, 04:32 AM

I love buying smaller clothes. I am still going thru my closet getting rid of the big sizes. I need to finish sorting thru the winter stuff. A couple of years ago I started on my sweater pile and I worked my way thru it. I had to either wear the sweater or get rid of it. I found sweaters I couldn't believe I ever wore. I have some in the mess that I know are way too big:-) I love shopping now that I can stay out of the plus sized department.
    Old 11-05-2013, 07:21 AM

I love being able to shop for smallers clothes.

I just realized I haven't announced the winner for October. I will go an look through my messages to see who is our biggest loser. Be on the watch for it in the next 20 minutes or so.
    Old 11-05-2013, 08:33 AM

I am in for November. Just making sure I posted that. Hoping for some weight loss this month. I do like blue and white fabric. In fact, opened up that UFO that is blue rose on white with my embroideries I did a while back, like a year ago, making stars. I do like the way Quilters Cashe does the flying geese on the Martha Washington Star block. It is nice to make four at once and they come out just right and no cutting away the excess fabric. Saves time and looking at those extra triangles to sew up.
    Old 11-05-2013, 09:33 AM

Shopping for smaller clothes would be fun. Wearing the smaller clothes in my closet would be nice too. I really need some new jeans but hate to until I lose some weight.
    I bought new dishes recently. I love Corelle dishes but haven't found any that are just right for my kitchen. When I was flipping through channels on the tv one night I saw some really nice dishes on HSN. I had never ordered anything from them before. Well.....these dishes are nice except.....the bowls! There are 2 sets of bowls. One is the size of the dinner plate but with a big lip and a 3 cup bowl. The other is the shape of their ordinary cereal bowls but it is 3 cups too. Why the heck would they make the bowls bigger? I ordered some berry bowls. They are small and cute and will be my new ice cream bowls. I had to order the coffee mugs extra too. I think they also had some 7" plates to go with them. I might get those too.
    I am hand sewing the binding on my sister's quilt. Ugh. I really hate doing that but felt since it is a special quilt I couldn't machine sew it. We are going to our nephew's football game at the metrodome on saturday so I need to get it finished by then so I can give it to her. Believe me, baby quilts and charity quilts get the binding sewn on by machine!
    Old 11-05-2013, 12:13 PM

It was a very exciting day when I realized I needed some new jeans in a lower size! I have a Dr. Phil book on weight loss. One of the things he said to do was, once you are in a lower size, get rid of anything that is a bigger size. I went through my closet and anything that was bigger than my size I either altered, consigned them, or gave them away. It was a big deal! But that way you can't tell yourself you have clothes to fall back on. It helped me. And can't wait to do it again when I go down another size. (I'm thinking positive - WHEN!)

It's day 5 and I'm still eating no meat. This is a first time try for me. But it's actually been a little easier than I thought. My husband and kids are on board with me. I have my husband and boys eating peskatarian also (my daughter was already one), with a little modification. My husband loved the asparagus soup I made last night. It was awesome! I can't wait to make it again. Great recipe!

Happy Tuesday!
    Old 11-05-2013, 12:47 PM
    Power Poster

Sounds great getting into smaller clothes, and it's true there is nothing like it. Before my mother had passed away I had lost 70 pounds, and buying smaller clothes was so much fun. After she passed I just didn't care. I would always say, mom I have lost some more this month. It took me a long time I guess to get back to even caring to try again. I know that is what she would want me to do. Happy for all of you girls that are wearing smaller clothes. I am trying to go through some of my clothes, and deciding what I can and cannot wear. I stay busy working on some more things for Christmas for my family. I may have already mentioned this, but someone dropped off a big short haired black pup on our doorstep.(yard) A girl. She was so skinny you could count each bone in her poor body. The last thing we needed was another doggie to feed. We already have 4. I have been feeding her, wormed her, and she is now wearing a collar. She now has a name.(Bella) I have her set up to get spayed and shots. We are not in good health, and she is so tall when she jumps up to us that we almost fall down. lol... Some training is in order. That ought to give me some exercise. Well, it already has.
    Old 11-05-2013, 01:46 PM

It was me!! I lost 5.8 pounds last month! I love blues. If I can do that again this month I'll be in Onederland! My goal is to do it before Thanksgiving. I have a post it note on my computer at work that says "Win The Fabric" and I did! I think it will now read "Searching For Onederland". Work is the worst, always a candy dish or something to eat in the breakroom. I now carry my mug with me so my hands are already full. Good luck to all of you! You...Can...Do...It!!