Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!! >
  • November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!!

• November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!!

Old 11-13-2013, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    Ladies, may I ask for your prayers please. My daughter got a concussion on Monday and is in bed now with headache, yes took her to doctor yesterday. DH received news from ct scan that there is a mass in his intestine. He lost his grandpa to such. Then went to chiro last night, adjusted and then it went out again and there is so much to do. HELP!!!!!
    Prayers for all of you. Wow they say things come in 3's and you got them all right now.
    Old 11-13-2013, 03:07 PM

QM, of course I will pray for you. Your daughter will be okay if this isn't concussion #??. Your husband will have better medical care than his father - medicine moves so quickly - and you have our prayers. Do you have any muscle relaxers? I do better when something goes wacky if I mix chiro and muscle relaxers otherwise the tight muscle just pulls the vertebrae back out of place. Throw in some magnesium malate. {{{Hugs}}}
    Old 11-13-2013, 03:29 PM

I'm working to lose 5 more pounds before my next doc appointment in Jan. so this helps. While I'm excited about losing weight, it is frustrating. My current clothes are mostly too big, but not loose enough to justify taking them in yet. I bought my jammies and one pair of sweatpants in the new, smaller size (yes, they fit), so I had SOMETHING that fit and will last through the winter.

Teddybear, congrats on your husband's retirement!! Let him enjoy it for the rest of the month and then, I highly recommend that he establish a retirement 'day' schedule. He can easily go months without accomplishing anything otherwise. You want to be sure that he picks up some of the household chores now that he's going to be around all the time.

Quilter - so sorry to hear about all the medical problems in your family. It is sometimes very disheartening, I know.

I find out next week whether I will have to have surgery on my leg (injured in bathtub fall). It seems that it is likely though. Trying to set up some hand projects to work on since I wouldn't be able to sew for several weeks. Going to work on hexes.

Last edited by IAmCatOwned; 11-13-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    Old 11-13-2013, 05:23 PM

Quilt momma sending prayers your way. Yes there have been huge advances in medicine. Teddybear lady I was eyeing the New York beauty blocks too. I wanted to do them with the group on here but I have too many other projects going. I did print them all out. I was afraid they would disappear. I really like paper piecing.
    I got talked in to being treasurer for our quilt guild. We just had a meeting to make our plans for the next year. It should be a good year. I am teaching 2 classes. I also need to come up with 2 projects using precuts. I am not a precut kind of quilter. FOr one I need to use a jelly roll. The other is up to me. I am sure something will come to me. The first class is in January. I am teaching inset circles. I just need to write the tutorial and make the samples. (In my spare time).
    Eating has been awful. Exercise has been nonexhistant. I have been on a peanut butter, candy and salt kick all at the same time. This is not good. I think I have found a good solution to some of it. Apples with a lite sprinkle of salt. Love it. Not the best as salt isn't good but for now I figure it is better than the alternative, which is candy and chips.
    Old 11-13-2013, 07:01 PM

CindyA......got your FQ's yesterday.
    SandyWh....can't remember if I let you know yours arrived last week.

Wow has our group gotten muc smaller........how do we intice the others who use to join us to come back.
    Old 11-14-2013, 03:03 AM

Wow, so much going on with everyone. Prayers for all that need them at this time.

For back problems, I know it's not possible when you're in the middle of crisis, but Yoga has helped my back more than anything else (muscle relaxers and pain killers, chiro, massage) so I go almost every week. Also, FYI my back problems have always been muscular, no disc or nerve involvement at this time. I will give a disclaimer, however. My sister's friend, who is a nurse and in good shape, just sustained an injury doing yoga and ended up at the chiropractor's. Good luck with that, a bad back really lays you up.

My eating hasn't been great, but I'm still trying. I've been able to keep up excercise and that does feel good. I've been doing ab work, trust me I really needed that, and can feel the difference. It feels so much better to be strong! But my joints do feel it, sometimes I'm just sore.

Does anyone have the link for the New York Beauty blocks you're talking about?

Last edited by CindyA; 11-14-2013 at 03:06 AM.
    Old 11-14-2013, 07:45 AM

Thank you all. I appreciate your prayers and input. My low back was not a problem till I fell at my brother's last November and has been an issue every now and then. It can only go up from here. Looking for a Friday Frantic article for tomorrow. I am sure I will find something fun.
    Old 11-14-2013, 09:29 AM

I am really excited with my weight loss this month. I've eaten vegetarian and so far, it's been easier than I thought it would be. In october I hurt my right arm changing my tire. (grr) That took quite a while to heal. (it's still slightly sore and I'm careful with it) I was mostly upset because I wasn't able to go to my yoga/pilates class. I finally was healed enough to go again, but last night I hurt both my hands. Ugh I'm still waiting to hear from the doctor on whether my thumb is broken. Either way, I can't do my yoga/pilates classes again right now. 8(

I have had lower back issues for several years. It's mostly due to lack of abominal muscles (I'm now finding out). I'm hoping that between my good eating, weight loss, exercise, and yoga/pilates that I may find some relief. I have bursitis in one hip that reached a point where I couldn't walk, but I was able to find something from a natural food store that finally brought some relief.

Typing with one hand today.... Mailing out my FQ later today..... Hope everyone is having a happy humpday wednesday. =D
    Old 11-14-2013, 12:08 PM

Just checking in. I've been busy working on Christmas gifts for my quilting group friends. I decided to make fabric boxes and put little sewing notions in them. Also making bigger fabric boxes to organize my fabric scraps.

I'm converting myself to Paleo. Basically no grains...I'm sensitive to grains so really helping me. I'm also counting my calories. So far working nicely.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Old 11-14-2013, 01:30 PM
    Power Poster

Cindy I was slow, but my fat/skinny quarter went out in the mail today. Those are really pretty fabric boxes. Hope all who have been sick or recovering from injuries are getting better. Happy healthy eating, and sewing/quilting.