Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Now hear this! Not all thieves are stupid!! >
  • Now hear this! Not all thieves are stupid!!

• Now hear this! Not all thieves are stupid!!

Old 11-19-2014, 01:45 PM

I never lock my doors and I don't have a dog. I have a cat, but she would not be much help. I think if a thief came into my house, he would maybe like my computer, though it is not really new anymore. (5 years is obsolete.) But I feel if they want what is in my house, then take it and go to H E double hockey sticks. Stuff is only stuff. No need to get all got and bothered about. Inconvenienced certainly, but there are many worse things that could happen.
    Old 11-19-2014, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by maviskw
    I never lock my doors and I don't have a dog. I have a cat, but she would not be much help. I think if a thief came into my house, he would maybe like my computer, though it is not really new anymore. (5 years is obsolete.) But I feel if they want what is in my house, then take it and go to H E double hockey sticks. Stuff is only stuff. No need to get all got and bothered about. Inconvenienced certainly, but there are many worse things that could happen.
    Unfortunately, the high-ticket items that are in sight aren't all they want. They'll paw through your dresser drawers, etc. looking for money and jewelry. I've had it happen to two people I know, and they had a very creepy feeling of being violated afterward. So would I.
    Old 11-19-2014, 02:00 PM

Also be careful if you are leaving your bank. I was targeted after cashing a check at the bank. When I stopped to go into a convenience store and get something to drink, they broke the window of my car and grabbed the orange cheap promotional bag that I carry the bank stuff in and took it. It so common now, there's even a name for it. It's called "jugging". A similar thing happened to a friend when he bought a nice watch at a jewelry store and left it in the car when he made a brief stop. It's a scary world out there.

Last edited by cashs_mom; 11-19-2014 at 02:05 PM.
    Old 11-19-2014, 03:21 PM

sure glad I don't live near where you do.....
    Old 11-19-2014, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by maviskw
    I can tell you're not from Texas. Although I appreciate your right to your opinion, if anyone thinks they are going to take what is mine, what I have worked and paid for, they can expect a bullet for their troubles. I am generous and will gladly give anything I feel I can afford to someone in need and who asks for help, but anyone who decides they can just come and take if had better decide if losing their life is worth it. Besides, I have to think that if someone approaches me they are not just after the money, but are willing to do harm to me or my family. I'll not be a victim.