nylons with seams

Old 05-11-2011, 01:02 PM

Oh Yes, I remember those days. Had to go to the restroom and straighten the seam. I always hated them!!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:36 PM

OMG, yes! Those stockings were a pain! But not nearly as much as the girdle! Seamless hose came out when I was in junior high but panty hose didn't come out until after I graduated high school.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:44 PM

I sure do remember those stockings. Hated them. Was thrilled when seamless came out. Also I can't believe now that I was 14 when my Mom told me it was time to wear a panty girdle.....because it wasn't nice that my wiggle showed, LOL. OH BOY, have times changed!!!!!! I can remember being at my Grampa's house when a bra commercial came on during a "Lucy" show. The bra was over a plastic form and I can still remember him covering his eyes and saying, "Oh keint" (which means "Oh Child" in Dutch) and him being so embarrassed. I hate we have gotten to accept such near-nudity in advertising, although I still write customer complaint letters to companies.

Originally Posted by misseva
Boy, do I remember them. And do you remember the first Playtex girdles that were like rubber with a fuzzy lining? Try wearing one of those in 100 deg. + weather and WITHOUT airconditioning (1954). Aghhhhhh. I seldom wear hose/dresses anymore. Jeans for work and church.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Yep I am the costumer for the HS Drama program and we drew teh seam down the back with eyebrow pencil.
and it tickles so you can't move or your line zig zags :D ha ha
Old 05-11-2011, 01:52 PM

I was in ballet and we had the seamed tights... yes, you had to have the seam straight but they didn't shift as bad as the nylons.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by carhop
Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
I used to just go into the ladies room, unhook them and readjust. I thought I looked hotter wearing the ones with seams although I also bought the seamless ones too.
I really enjoyed wearing stockings although they were never long enough on me
(I was almost 5' 9 1/2" back then).
I can join you on them not being long enough got longs at jcpennys 5'10" was down to 5'9".
I can too. I'm 6'.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:52 AM

Yes I remember them well and it was a disaster when they 'laddered' wasn't it?
Old 05-12-2011, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by misseva
Boy, do I remember them. And do you remember the first Playtex girdles that were like rubber with a fuzzy lining? Try wearing one of those in 100 deg. + weather and WITHOUT airconditioning (1954). Aghhhhhh. I seldom wear hose/dresses anymore. Jeans for work and church.
I remember the Playtex girdles also. I thought they were soooo neat, but I didn't have to buy it. I was 5'8", and wieghed 110#. LOL, but all my friends had them instead of the garter belts, and they thought the girdles helped them lose weight, esp. in the summer.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee
I remember the Playtex girdles also. I thought they were soooo neat, but I didn't have to buy it. I was 5'8", and wieghed 110#. LOL, but all my friends had them instead of the garter belts, and they thought the girdles helped them lose weight, esp. in the summer.
Of course you lost weight... you melted in those things. ha ha
Old 05-12-2011, 10:10 AM

I remember that during the WWII women had their stockings repaired because they were hard to find to buy.