Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >
  • Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

• Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-02-2011, 06:40 PM

Well...why not? I'm always trying to lose, just need motivation. Thanks!
    Old 10-02-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Thank you for your cholesterol comments. I will discuss them with my doctors.
    Vitamin K is restricted because it affects the action of coumadin. I am not allowed it all.
    MJ, I've always heard that olive oil helps reduce/counteract cholesterol. I'm not sure how it's taken or if it's just substituted for something...maybe as a salad dressing(?). You might ask about that also when you talk to your doctor.
    Old 10-02-2011, 08:30 PM

Well, I am back with egg on my face.(or should I say frosting!)I stepped out for September and ended up gaining 8 pounds back after loseing almost 50 pounds on here! I can't believe how fast it comes back on! Which proves that this has to be a permenant lifestyle change not just a temporary routine until you lose all of the weight you want. So if it is alright I would like to be included in the Oct. challenge. I definately need someone to keep me accountable! I have missed all of you and am so sorry to hear of eveyones struggles with their health issues.
    Nancy
    Old 10-02-2011, 08:35 PM

OK this weekend frustrated me to no end I watched everything I ate well all week and then I had two birthday parties to attend this weekend. One was at a restaurant where there was pretty much no choices for someone watching what they eat. Then the birthday girl got offended when I politely turned down her cake 3 times. So tonight was another birthday party and this time I felt guilty because of offending my last hostess so I had a big (only size served) of a chocolate bomb cake that has 7 different types of chocolate in it. Didn't eat the whole thing but now I feel sick to my stomach it was so sweet.

Has anyone else been kind of forced into a party situation before, how do you politely turn down the birthday person?
    Old 10-02-2011, 08:38 PM

rita's mom welcome back! and welcome to you, newbies! we changed things up a little bit....if you want to be in competition for the not skinny 1/4s, you need to check in weekly! we'd love to hear from you more often so don't be shy!
    Old 10-02-2011, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
    3. I have already cut back on my Pepsi to only one 20 oz bottle a day, and I am not ready to give up my last treat quite yet. I will however switch over to the little bottles and hopefully that will be enough.

4. I will drink more water. Why is this one so difficult for me????
    I cannot drink 8 glasses of water a day long less one! I've never been a person to drink water (military flashbacks to bad places) I was told to drink Gatorade or Vitamin water, but they have sugar in them. Any one have suggestions?
    Old 10-02-2011, 08:43 PM

i always take the slice. thank them. mess it up with my fork a bit, and then put it down somewhere on the other side of the room so they don't know it was mine! lol ! i do lick the fork so i can say i had' some.'
    i've even been known to wrap it in my napkin. if you come to a birthday party at my house you won't be forced or shamed into eating anything. why do people who love us do that?
    Old 10-02-2011, 08:51 PM

Nancia, I tried everything to be polite with her, but I guess you can't please everyone all the time. I told her aside that I was watching my weight I wanted to lose 10 pounds she laughed at me and said I was joking,then she said something that surprised me - she said have fun, eat the great looking cake and then do like she does purge/flush her system when she gets home - that comment scared me I didn't know what to say to her, but thanks for the advice I will do your trick the next time. (if she even invites me next yr lol)
    Old 10-02-2011, 08:59 PM

that poor woman! she has a lot more serious problem than you do! i do say no thank you for obvious reasons, but when they take it personally, or i don't know the person, i resort to my tricks. i'm willing to say, if i swallowed it, it's staying down! unless it's poison. i will do nearly anything to avoid puking. ech! if you're lucky you'll be off the guest list!
    Old 10-02-2011, 10:30 PM

I just discovered these at our Costco. Store. I tried them and like them probably because they are carbonated. But they are sugar free - sweetened with Splenda.
    http://www.sparklingice.com/Flavors/WhatsInside

Originally Posted by Sheila_H
    Originally Posted by lauriejo
    3. I have already cut back on my Pepsi to only one 20 oz bottle a day, and I am not ready to give up my last treat quite yet. I will however switch over to the little bottles and hopefully that will be enough.

4. I will drink more water. Why is this one so difficult for me????
    I cannot drink 8 glasses of water a day long less one! I've never been a person to drink water (military flashbacks to bad places) I was told to drink Gatorade or Vitamin water, but they have sugar in them. Any one have suggestions?