Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >
  • Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

• Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-05-2011, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H
    Jeri, is your sister still in the visiting mode? I would love to have her spend a few weeks with me!
    I didn't get much sleep last night either. I stayed up til 2 am working on a sweatshirt jacket for my mil. I have it all covered with fabric. Now it is time to sew it all back together. This is where a serger would come in handy.
    My daughter, Kelsey, will be home in 2 days after being away teaching English in Korea for 13 months! Woohoo!!
    oh that's wonderful! I know you have missed her terribly, will she be staying home now?
    Old 10-05-2011, 08:56 AM

It's finished - no more quilting on this one. My fourth daughter's Carpenter Star. Not what I think her colors would be, but she recently repainted her house. L is blonde and blue eyed and I tend to think of her more like the border - pale pink and peach - I had to find a way to use that. Not as soft as I'd like, but this one doesn't have the family gene requiring soft. One of her sons inherited it for her.

Happy Birthday, Miss L
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]266697[/ATTACH]

back
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]266698[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-266644.jpe   attachment-266645.jpe  
    Old 10-05-2011, 09:11 AM

That is just stunning!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!
    Old 10-05-2011, 09:30 AM

Irishrose that is gorgeous. I want to make one. What size is it? I think my first step will be to make it as a table topper. thanks for spurring me on.

Originally Posted by irishrose
    It's finished - no more quilting on this one. My fourth daughter's Carpenter Star. Not what I think her colors would be, but she recently repainted her house. L is blonde and blue eyed and I tend to think of her more like the border - pale pink and peach - I had to find a way to use that. Not as soft as I'd like, but this one doesn't have the family gene requiring soft. One of her sons inherited it for her.
    Old 10-05-2011, 10:13 AM

This is about 72" square. The center is 48. The pattern gives all sizes depending on your block size, which I like. I'd like to do one with brights on something dark, but not black, for my game table in the Winter, but I don't want it square. http://www.quiltfrog.com/fourhour.html I really like it better with my eight colors than the two in this pattern, but the site was a great starting spot. Just alternate your light/dark as you progress around the star. Love the design wall for that. I may make a small star for one of the blocks in my son's quilt. He was eyeing this one.

I slept last night and the pain has abated a huge amount, so I'm feeling hopeful. I even had a small breakfast - I don't know when I've eaten a muffin without light cream cheese, but I managed. It's strange I'm not losing weight, but that's not important this week. Taboo Tuesday may make a meal eater out of me if I know I can't just grab something at any old time. So far, so good.

Love the jokes. Dog's names - I named Moira Wigglebutt when she arrived, then one day I realized I didn't want to be standing in the yard calling out that, so she got a real name.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
    Old 10-05-2011, 10:44 AM

Judy, this is gorgeous. You did a magnificent job! L will love it. I was about to ask you if you were feeling well enough to work on it.

Be sure and rest, too.
    Old 10-05-2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by elm
    I'm not in the competition this month, but is it ok if I participate in the thread?
    We all need encouragement, you are welcome to participate in the thread.
    Old 10-05-2011, 11:26 AM

Thanks so much, I really want to make it now.
    This is about 72" square. The center is 48. The pattern gives all sizes depending on your block size, which I like. I'd like to do one with brights on something dark, but not black, for my game table in the Winter, but I don't want it square. http://www.quiltfrog.com/fourhour.html I really like it better with my eight colors than the two in this pattern, but the site was a great starting spot. Just alternate your light/dark as you progress around the star. Love the design wall for that. I may make a small star for one of the blocks in my son's quilt. He was eyeing this one.

I slept last night and the pain has abated a huge amount, so I'm feeling hopeful. I even had a small breakfast - I don't know when I've eaten a muffin without light cream cheese, but I managed. It's strange I'm not losing weight, but that's not important this week. Taboo Tuesday may make a meal eater out of me if I know I can't just grab something at any old time. So far, so good.

Love the jokes. Dog's names - I named Moira Wigglebutt when she arrived, then one day I realized I didn't want to be standing in the yard calling out that, so she got a real name.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
    Old 10-05-2011, 11:40 AM

Irish that quilt is absolutely beautiful.

I actually drank 2 glasses of water today with the Crystal Light, lol I know it's not nearly as much as they say you need to drink. I've never been a big water drinker so this is a big thing for me. For supper tonight I'm grilling some rainbow trout, grilled veggies and a salad, what's on everyone's supper menu tonight?
    Old 10-05-2011, 11:42 AM

Xylie55, What an insperation, 93 pounds. I am so proud of you. Maybe one day I can say that. So far I am down 63 but it has taken me several years. I love to read all of the comments on this thread. Thank you all of you for writing to give me some get up and go.