Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >
  • Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

• Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-07-2011, 10:29 AM

I think it is an ebb and flow thing. I didn't lose today but I think I had too much salt in boullion yesterday. I am hoping for better results tomorrow. I also upped the water intake. I also walked for 45 minutes this morning. Will walk again with Murphy tonight. One thing about having a dog, they never let you forget that a walk is a good thing.
    Originally Posted by Gelswood
    I am having so much trouble losing!!!! Getting discouraged!!!
    Old 10-07-2011, 10:38 AM

Have you tried myfitnesspal? It helps to track your calories/exercise and water for a few weeks - I know most do it more than that, but I have a short attention span. I did it long enough to find out what changes I needed to make to jumpstart a stuck weight loss. My love of cheese was my problem. You can join without adding the banner below your signature. That's optional and just not for me.

There are so many subtle changes that make a difference and our bodies are all different. I do better if I have my carbs in the AM and low carb in the PM. Things like that. Hang around here and complain. It feels good to have a group of friends who understand. Of course, after you complain, you have do the work. From 1980s Weight Watchers: 'Nothing worthwhile is without pain' and 'Nothing tastes as good as slim feels'. Actually it was 'thin', but I have trouble with that word. For some reason it feels unhealthy to me. I know, I'm goofy.
    Old 10-07-2011, 10:55 AM

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm starting to recover from feeling ill from a cold. I didn't do well on getting much exercise, but I did maintain my diet reasonably, so getting closer to my goal of being in the 180s by the end of the month.

Keep up the awesome work ladies!
    Old 10-07-2011, 11:40 AM

We have a Mennonite bulk store. That's where I buy spices,oats etc....also bulk dried fruit...raisins,craisins etc.

Have heard of ppl adding peanut butter & chocolate to oats.Seems that would defeat the purpose.Doesn't appeal to me at all. My taste buds prefer very plain food.

Supper today is oven fry pork chops,baked butternut squash.Broccoli for me & corn for DH.

Been sewing blocks together.His cuz tried to help last mo, when we were at the hospital all day,by trimming the blocks.No way they'll make a quilt now, maybe a throw & call it done.
    Old 10-07-2011, 11:55 AM

As I posted, I'm in the same boat.Do you have any idea why your wt loss isn't working? I have no clue....My aim is to eat healthy,which I am doing & hopefully,losing wt will go with it.Keep posting & let these ppl help .

Old 10-07-2011, 12:13 PM
    mim

DH leaves for Olympia tomorrow and I'm here for another 2 weeks -- I'm sure I will trim off several of the pounds I put on last month -- he really likes pretzels in the evening and it is my addiction -- disaster waiting to happen -- too much salt!! Plus I won't sleep late so I will get more done outside.

It will turn warm tomorrow so it will be pleasant to work cleaning up the gardens. And I will have to walk a quarter mile to get the paper in the mornings. That ought to be worth something --
    Mim
    Old 10-07-2011, 02:44 PM

I am doing Weight watchers. I have been doing 30 minutes on the elliptical machine every morning before work for the last 4 weeks. I will be dissappointed tomorrow at weigh in if the scale didn't move. I did buy some new jeans today that were several sizes smaler than what I usually wear. All of my pants are falling down. I don't want to buy any until I have to so I have been taking tucks in the waist. Some need to be thrown out:)
    Old 10-07-2011, 04:40 PM

:thumbup: Good job, meanmom. Buying smaller clothes is a real plus.

It's 80 degrees out which is so weird. We often have a snowstorm during the first week in October. Walked the dogs to the lake and had to smile. The grasshoppers are pulling their docks and getting ready for winter. The ants are still playing. There were quite a few boats on the lake.

I was hungry for cabbage or sauerkraut today, but didn't want to shop and couldn't find any kraut in the cupboard. When I was looked in the dog's freezer for their dinner meat, there was a container of cabbage soup. Serendipity! I thought the only thing I had in their freezer were some yucky WW toffee bars.
    Old 10-07-2011, 06:01 PM

hello!!!
    Everything went great today!
    Good prognosis! No cardiovascular disease. Mild level of PH.

This was a double left/right cath. After one week, I can start WALKING. I am allowed to add 10 feet a day until I slowly build up to a mile a day. I know that means it will take me 52 days to get to a mile, but I am so excited!!!!

Thanks for the prayers and notes of concern.
    MJ
    Old 10-07-2011, 06:08 PM

I am so glad everything turned out ok. Here's hoping the 52 days will fly by and you can get your full walk in.

Pam