Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >
  • Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

• Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-08-2011, 05:36 AM

MJ, I am just thrilled with your news!!!
    Old 10-08-2011, 06:37 AM

I am getting the walks in, still need to be more consistent with the water. I haven't been recording what I eat. I guess I will need to do that. My weight has been sitting on the same number for two days. I want it down by Monday's weigh in. Question, on Monday do I post how many pounds I am down since the first?
    Old 10-08-2011, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy1
    I am getting the walks in, still need to be more consistent with the water. I haven't been recording what I eat. I guess I will need to do that. My weight has been sitting on the same number for two days. I want it down by Monday's weigh in. Question, on Monday do I post how many pounds I am down since the first?
    Murphy,
    You post anything your heart desires. I post every small victory because I need all the encouragement I can get!
    Old 10-08-2011, 08:51 AM

Thank you, I'll have to try that.
    Thanks, Penny
    Old 10-08-2011, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    hello!!!
    Everything went great today!
    Good prognosis! No cardiovascular disease. Mild level of PH.

This was a double left/right cath. After one week, I can start WALKING. I am allowed to add 10 feet a day until I slowly build up to a mile a day. I know that means it will take me 52 days to get to a mile, but I am so excited!!!!

Thanks for the prayers and notes of concern.
    MJ
    Oh that is the best news ever!!! Yeah!!! 52 days will go by quick!

Oh so happy for you and Marvin!

Missy
    Old 10-08-2011, 10:49 AM

MJ -- I am so happy for your results. Follow doctors orders, don't over do.

Ladies I am slowing increasing how far I am able to move to. It has been a challenge beyond what I would have thought. The energy it takes to cut up food and eat, just doing every daily living activities the energy us use.

I am 6 days home from hospital and hanging in there. I know without all your prayers and good thoughts I would not be where I am now.

Thank you all again.

I am so wanting to hit the sewing machine, but will be content right now with the hand work. I am working on a wool rose.

Cindy
    Old 10-08-2011, 02:57 PM

How can it be possible that I have over 5 pages of posts to read? I've only been gone a little while!

Sheila_H, congrats on the 2# loss. I think that is a good pace that won't throw your body/metabolism into a panic.

MJ, I, too, am southern born & bred. "Leann" comes from Lynne because when I say Lynne, my Texas drawl makes someone hear Leann. Lynne is my nickname I've used since 8th grade. No one calls me by my given name except my parents & DH. I am so pleased at your doctors report. I know it will be hard to continue following the strict orders, but continue you must. It will be easier soon.

Murphy1, I had forgotten how good bouillon cures those hunger pains. Thanks for reminding me.

Pam_H, the sweatshirt you made is beautiful. I have always wanted to do one. Your colors are perfect. Glad that Kelsey is home and safe with you.

Judy, oooohhhh thanks so much for the links for the CS. I HAVE to make one. At the same time, I am making myself do other things first. It is so hard to refrain myself. I enjoy hand work.........attaching binding is one of my favorite things. Well, behind handquilting. I hope your gallbladder issues are gone.

Cindy, it is SO good to see you posting again. I am so glad that you are back home. Take it slow for a complete recovery.

Jeanne, how is your exercise coming along?

plainpat, one thing I have done that moved the scale is 'spikes'. I think I've seen it mentioned here as intervals. I will go full throttle on the elliptical for 10-15 seconds, after warming up at least 5 minutes. Once my heart rate has recovered, usually 2-3 minutes, I will do it again....until I finish my workout , around 30 minutes. You could do the same on your glider, spiking for 5 seconds at a time as you strengthen your heart & lungs. Do you listen to music as you exercise? The faster the better for me and not as boring.

Missy, has the soreness abated?

Gelswood, I second Missy. Tell us about your nutrition and exercise. We want everyone here to be successful. Also, as you are dancing with Richard, find a move that spikes your breathing for a few seconds. It could be something as simple as waving your arms over your head.

marscrafter, I admire your diligence for staying with your nutrition plan while ill. This is an area I need serious work in.

mim, my dh thinks I need to snack on the same things too. Or maybe, just the fact that he is sitting so close MAKES my hand reach over. nah...

meanmom, while I believe that you will see the scale lower, your change in pant size screams volumes. Keep on rocking!

Nancia, how did you do with your mri? Thinkin of ya sweetie.

Been a crazy 2 days. Picked up Josh on Thrs at 4pm who said "oh yeah, going to homecoming". TOMORROW. So, I spent 2 hours finding a homecoming mum for Roxanne. Josh said - she didn't mention wanting one. I KNOW I raised him better than that! God answered my prayers - it is lovely. Homecoming dance is tonight. Then worked at the fundraiser for 6 hours at school yesterday. I took pain pills as I worked and I had my knee brace on the entire time. Knees are both good - just a little sore. I laid down at 5:11pm and slept until 8:30 this morning. I am shocked that it took me 15 hours of sleep to recover from yesterdays work. In fairness, it is the first strenuous thing I have done since being so ill last month.

I made chicken parmesan for dinner from a recipe from Spark People. Won't make it again. I have been adding protein powder to a generic Slim Fast drink for at least one meal a day. I am tired of everything we have been eating. Going on my first longer walk (little over 2 miles) in the morning. It has been so long since I walked that early, I hope it doesn't conflict with church. We are still pretty warm and the mornings are exceptionally muggy. I am down 4# so far this month. More than amazing since I am not exercising. I am hoping that changes this upcoming week. I have several exercise dvds from the library I wanna rotate.

Have a blessed Saturday evening.
    Old 10-08-2011, 04:19 PM

lynne-- i can't possibly keep up with you! the mri was unpleasant because they had to put my head all the way in. it was an open mri, but with a cage over my face and a solid'wall' hanging over me, my claustrophobia was having a field day. i even took sedatives before i went. the tech gave me a tube with oxygen blowing out of it, and that helped quite a bit. no results, so i'm thinking it can't be anything that requires emergency care so i'm alright. wouldn't it be stupid if the pain was being caused by allergies?
    i am so pleased that so many are getting on line so often! yay, team! and has anyone seen xylie? XYLIE COME DOWN!
    Old 10-08-2011, 06:50 PM

MJ, I have a question. How do you add ten feet a day? That's 2/3 of the way across the kitchen - how do you get back? Wait until tomorrow? Sorry, I haven't talked to any humans today so I have to use my smart mouth on you wonderful people.

Lynne, I am hundreds of times better though there is some pain involved with dinner. Do I need smaller meals for awhile?

Cindy, all you have to do is get well. Everything else will be there. Moving around with any soft tissue surgery is not fun! Any surgery is unbelievably tiring, plus it takes two weeks to work all the anesthetics out of your body. Luckily most of my surgeries have been orthopedic and are less painful.

I had forgotten that I signed up to be the greeter at church tomorrow and colored my hair with a new brand this week. Woohoo! I will tell anyone who says anything that, in honor of Autumn, I am channeling the Sugar Maples - my favorite fall tree, though a Burning Bush might be more accurate. Most of my wardrobe will only make it brighter, too. Ah, well. Time takes care of things like this.

Walked over two miles to the lake and back. Moira wanted to cross the bridge and go further, but no way will I go back where I was bit by whatever. We came back through the woods. It didn't feel right - maybe because we didn't go that way, but I took a deep breath and entered anyway. I will not live my life with silly fears. Lilana has a swollen, slightly bloody foot. I sprayed it with some antiseptic. If it were Moira, I could soak it in Epsom salts, but no one in her right mind tries to soak a Siberian foot. $32.50 to walk in the vet's office Monday, so let's hope Lily's healthy body heals it before then.

nanci, sorry about the experience. I so understand. I've had thyroid scans and heart scans that were way too confining and they weren't MRIs.

Missy, has Cathie arrived? How are you doing?

Back to work. I am making an ironing board for the top of one of my sewing machines so I can put away my big board. I'm feeling crowded in my latest sewing room. If it doesn't work, I'm only out a scrap of wallboard and a pillowcase I sacrificed to make the cover. I need some elastic and none is jumping into my hands.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Judy
    Old 10-08-2011, 09:03 PM

Just got back from my evening walk with Murphy. We took him to an annual event in town called Bark and Splash. All the dogs get to go swimming in the wading pool at the park for $10.00. Then they drain it and clean it and get it ready for next year. Lots of fun, it was his first time.

I am amazed and how many of you remember what is happening with various people in this group. I will work hard to get to know everyone. Since I have only been here since the 1st, I know I will get better.

I am hoping for a drop in the scales tomorrow. two days of status quo has to change. Will let you know tomorrow if I am a happy girl. I am hungry but this too will pass.