Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >
  • Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

• Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-08-2011, 09:58 PM

I know I missed the deadline for 'JOINING" this month, but would anyone object if I just follow along? I lost 2 lbs. last month -- finally. Then I got sick, recovered and injured my back. I spent the last half of the month barely able to move. Now I have broken my foot. Still I would like to try to keep my mindset on losing even when I can't do as much as I want. So, if no one objects I will keep track and then maybe next month things will be better. Thanks Bares.
    Old 10-08-2011, 10:03 PM
    elm

mj so glad to hear your good news.
    Old 10-09-2011, 12:09 AM

bares-- you are totally welcome here! we will take you in no matter what condition you're in!it sure sounds like you're having a hard time. joining is open all month, it's just the competition for the fq's that is closed on the 3rd. you can have all the encouragement, good advice, nagging and commiserating that everyone else gets! you don't have to send an fq to the winner of this month so don't worry about that. only those who are competing have to 'pay the piper'! so stay of your foot, pull up a sewing machine and your computer and a large glass of water! keep drinking, at least 64oz. a day. i have decided on my tombstone will be a 2 word epitaph.
    "She Drowned".
    Old 10-09-2011, 12:53 AM

Ok,here I am.I got slapped on both sides of my face 2 days ago by 2 differenr branches 30 minutes apart.Whats the odds of even one slap?Let alone 2!Pissed me off.Damed tree!I finely got the sob down,thank god!Now I can relax a bit.{Ha,ha}My neighbors came down and made cake ball pops.She just learned the recipe.1st time making them.Said she'd bring some over tomorrow.It's hard losing weight with these neighbors.The old lady down the rd is always making pies,stews,corn bread,rolls,you name it.And insists we take some home.Cause she makes too much for just her.I told her to quit it,or I'll gain weight.So,I been having to really watch it and tell myself no.(after having a small piece of course.)OH,not good,not good.I really got to clamp down on myself.My hunger pangs are better now that I'm done with the antibiotics.Boy,they really vamped up my appetite for some stupid reason.I could of ate a horse while on them things.In fact I got on the scales and saw I weighed 170 the other day.YIKES!But am back down to 164 already.I really think I am going to just have to go on spirutein for the rest of the month.I'm tired of 160 and teetering.Time to bite the bullet and do the big one.So I can get down to 145 by December.Nancia,I hope your doing better.Mri's are not fun.I haven't had a chance to make my soap yet,but will tomorrow.I'm going to make shampoo,dishsoap,and body wash.Will let you know how they turn out.By for now!If I can do it,you all can too.Lets get this weight off.And this time I mean it!I'm going to GET ER DONE!
    Old 10-09-2011, 01:50 AM

xylie, i'm so glad you're back! i missed you fiercely!!
    Old 10-09-2011, 02:39 AM

Hi everyone!

Good to hear from you Xylie we were wondering about you.

Lynn, my exerciseing hasn't been going so good. The last two days I've had hypoglycemic (or seizure) attacks and the just wipe me out. I hope they find out for sure what's going on. Maybe both, I don't know. I have an appt with the (why can't I ever remember what she's called) anyway she specializes in diabetis on Tues so maybe I'll find out something then. Right now the Topomax don't seem to be controling the episodes.

nancia - glad to hear you made it through your mri - results would be nice though.

Well we've been invited to our DGS new apt for brunch after church today. Him and his GF are so proud to have their own place. I'm sure the meal won't be a healthy one for me but I'll make the sacrifice for them. Sundays are off days for me anyway. I just can't stay on any sort of plan on Sunday.
    Well I'm off to get DH up so we can get to church in time to make coffee for the early arrivals, ushers etc.

Good to hear people are getting better on this thread. My prayer continue to go out for you who are not feeling well. God Bless everyone. Remember we can do this. Even I can loose weight. And as Xylie says Let's Get ER Done!
    Old 10-09-2011, 09:39 AM

Ah, Xylie, the hazards of being McGyver. I'm going to wash part of my house when I'm off here, so it's ladder work for me and I'm already dizzy, but the weather is too good to waste. Sorry you were hurt. Were you on steroids with your antibiotics? Steroids make me ravenous and I gain weight even if I don't eat.

BARES, it's nice to see you back. Back problems are no fun and broken feet are so limiting. I'm up to 15 breaks in my feet - no, 14 in my feet and one in my hand. Athletic tape is very handy. So is my back brace.

My weight is up today, darn it. I guess it's back to myfitnesspal for me for a while. I will never let that scale go over 150 again!

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Judy
    Old 10-09-2011, 10:43 AM

Nancia - thank you for such a warm welcome. I will take the encouragment, nagging, advice, and commiserating. I need it.

xylie, it sounds like Mother Nature was trying to wake you up? lol Hubby once was walking down the sidewalk and a flag sneaked around his head and popped him on the ear farthest from the flag. He described it just about like you did the branches. He said that it sneaked up on him, smacked him and then ran. Your neighbor sounds like someone who wants to be needed, and stay involved with other people. How nice for you and your family that she picked you.

Jeanne be really careful about the hypoglycemia. It might be good to have someone to check on you often. Meds can often interfere but if you have lost enough weight they may be causing your bs to drop. It is good that you are going to the doc and don't count anything out. Even the amount of water you are drinking may be flushing your system too much.

IRose, I hope you weren't alone getting on the ladder. At least take your cell phone or the cordless. Never hurts to be prepared! Glad to hear of all the work that is taking the weight off. I hear 160, 150 and wish I was there. It will happen for me, and you guys have done the work already. It is just a matter of preception of looking at it from my side. You all deserve to be proud of the hard work even while you are being aware of not creeping back up. Have a great rest of Sunday everyone and thanks for the welcome.
    Old 10-09-2011, 11:55 AM

I checked the weather report and it seems our weather isn't changing so I postponed the housewashing. I am dizzy again today, so I will sew instead. Yes, I will be alone. It's a good idea to take the cell phone outside. That means I have to call Tracfone and get my number switched to my new phone. Thank you for your concern.

I lost all the weight all I wanted to 3 years ago and had a year of being my favorite size. Then I needed steroids for something at the same time I was forced into sitting too much and eating too much restaurant food. My SIL was hospitalized out of town with what turned out to a hideous fatal disease. I worked mornings, then drove to TC to be with my daughter and eat with her before we parted. Walked the dogs late and fell into bed. I gained back almost 25 of the lost pounds and those suckers were glued to my body until I got serious about it this time. I have slowly removed most of them, but I can see they will sneak back up easily. Being at the end is tough. It's like my body wants to weigh 150 when I want 140. Yes, I am aware of the setpoint theory, but I also know it can be changed.

Okay, enough rambling, back to framing deer, bass, grouse, ducks and an eagle. The first four because my son is an avid hunter and the eagle because he is proud to be an American and the eafle reminds me of him. Then I have to find some blocks that will fit in the spaces. The border will be flying geese. I know that much.

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy Sunday.
    Old 10-09-2011, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Ah, Xylie, the hazards of being McGyver. I'm going to wash part of my house when I'm off here, so it's ladder work for me and I'm already dizzy, but the weather is too good to waste. Sorry you were hurt. Were you on steroids with your antibiotics? Steroids make me ravenous and I gain weight even if I don't eat.

BARES, it's nice to see you back. Back problems are no fun and broken feet are so limiting. I'm up to 15 breaks in my feet - no, 14 in my feet and one in my hand. Athletic tape is very handy. So is my back brace.

My weight is up today, darn it. I guess it's back to myfitnesspal for me for a while. I will never let that scale go over 150 again!

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Judy
    Yes I was.Well that explains it then.I didn't think I was crazy.I was hungry as a bear.Well I'm 170 again today.So don't know what to think.Up 10 pouns and down 6 pounds,back up to 170.Oh,so not funny!I too wanted to take advantage of our cooler weather,as we're going back up to 106's wednsday on thru the week.So hot again!.......