Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >
  • Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

• Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-27-2011, 08:35 PM

I haven't posted here in a while but I just had to share my win. Today I went window shopping and ended up buying a jacket in a whole new size. An 18!! No more 2X's for me. This journey is taking a while (some steps backward) but I'll keep on it till I get to where I want to be.

I love reading about what you all are doing. Many inspirational posts. Many helpful ideas. It's great to hang out with folks who know exactly where I'm at.
    Old 10-27-2011, 08:41 PM

yay! new, smaller clothes are the best!
    Old 10-27-2011, 08:51 PM

Joyce, Welcome to the land of no Xs. Yay!
    Old 10-27-2011, 08:51 PM
    mim

did you read the news in the papers this morning about the study done in Australia -- seem that when you lose more than 10 percent of your body weight, your hormones change to keep you hungry (more than usual) and trying to regain weight for at least 6 months and possibly longer. That must explain the way that you are able to lose again after eating "heavily" for a day and then back on your healthy eating.
    Old 10-28-2011, 01:22 AM

Good morning everyone!

Today is going to be my day to whine. I'll try to keep it under control. I'm coming back as an actual 'weight loss" person insteas of jus maintenance. I've gained 4 lbs in the last two weeks and let my water intake and exercise slide. I just need to be accountable. Now I can make legitimate excuses: I've been sick and doctoring, This doesn't cover the water. No I'm just getting lazy about following a plan so kick my but and get me going!

I don't know if I told you DH is having a major lupus flare up and so far the meds aren't working. He's in a lot of pain and very swollen especially in his legs so we've been sorting. Stash, patterns, anything we can sort and organize sitting down. Then we take a break and he moves around a little then we start again. The other day I worked on a sweatshirt jacket and he handed me the stripe that was next in line. He's frustrated but is working at keeping his spirits up.

Well all I've done this morning is whine but you guys are great and I knew I could come here to get a load off my chest. Thanks for everything. Have a great day.
    Old 10-28-2011, 01:38 AM

jeanne-- does stress eating sound familiar? just remind yourself that your over eating is not going to make your dh feel better! in fact, it will make you feel worse and guilty! you've caught it early, so get back on your program! 4 lbs isn't a lot, but it is a warning!! good for you, you caught it! now get rid of it. if you are not sloshing when you walk, you're not drinking enough water!!! you can do! you've done it before!! you go, girl!
    Old 10-28-2011, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy1
    Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday - Do I have enough time to me my goal for the month? Whole Foods grand opening in our town was yesterday, we tried out the food bar today. Last night I had some caramel corn. I have to get myself back on track. I will drink lots of hot tea tomorrow and quilt, quilt without thinking about food. Oh, they had holiday grapes there that were huge and sweet. That's what I will have for lunch tomorrow. Hope tomorrow is a better food day.
    me too, me too...Oct has not been good for me. I must get bust before the holidays or I will gain back what I lost!
    Old 10-28-2011, 05:36 AM

That has to feel super good. Give myself another 20 and I will feel like I am getting there in the clothes area too. Congratulations.
    Originally Posted by Joyce99
    I haven't posted here in a while but I just had to share my win. Today I went window shopping and ended up buying a jacket in a whole new size. An 18!! No more 2X's for me. This journey is taking a while (some steps backward) but I'll keep on it till I get to where I want to be.

I love reading about what you all are doing. Many inspirational posts. Many helpful ideas. It's great to hang out with folks who know exactly where I'm at.
    Old 10-28-2011, 05:51 AM

good morning! Remember to pay attention to the task at hand. We are here to get healthier, lose weight, and change our lifestyles. Each day we regress and revert to our old habits we are reinforcing our bad behaviors that got us in this situation.

We want to have new habits and a new outlook. Start the day by repeating, "I AM losing weight. Then add, I will help myself today by staying on my program. I will eat normally. I will drink water. I will move and exercise to the best of my ability."

Jeanne, I am so sorry for your dh's flare. Sorting is a good thing. Do you have scraps that could be sorted by color? Just a thought.
    Old 10-28-2011, 05:59 AM

I also like to say to myself Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. I will repeat that all weekend. Thanks for the support.
    Originally Posted by purplemem
    good morning! Remember to pay attention to the task at hand. We are here to get healthier, lose weight, and change our lifestyles. Each day we regress and revert to our old habits we are reinforcing our bad behaviors that got us in this situation.

We want to have new habits and a new outlook. Start the day by repeating, "I AM losing weight. Then add, I will help myself today by staying on my program. I will eat normally. I will drink water. I will move and exercise to the best of my ability."

Jeanne, I am so sorry for your dh's flare. Sorting is a good thing. Do you have scraps that could be sorted by color? Just a thought.