Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • October Weight Loss Challenge >
  • October Weight Loss Challenge

• October Weight Loss Challenge

Old 10-17-2014, 03:30 PM

I have been eating OK. Tomorrow is weigh in day. Not sure how it will be. I have had a little bit of candy. I went to Sams yesterday. They had kiwi berries. I have never seen them before. They are tasty. They are a little bit bigger than a grape and taste like a kiwi.Everyone had to try one from my lunch today.
    I am working on my new machine. Wow it sews smooth. Maybe my old machine hasn't been working right for some time. I have the center of my hexagon shuffle quilt finished. I am going to start it tonight in another colorway tonight. It still needs borders. I will add borders when I have time. I need them ready for a class in November. I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to post them from my iPhone.
    Old 10-17-2014, 05:43 PM

Pat, I think your new sewing machine is the twin to my Elna Excellence. I LOVE my machine!
    I gained 3 lbs during my 3 day retreat. For some unknown reason I was retaining water like crazy. I could feel my legs getting bigger and tighter as I sat there sewing. I should be back down by morning.
    I just found out at dinner that I will be a gramma again in June. I should be super excited but I had a 12 hour day with Allie today. She has a cold and wanted me to hold her all day and I had a migraine this afternoon. It took me 3 hours to get her down for her nap. The best thing about the timing with the baby is that my DD should still be on maternity leave when we go to China next summer for my DS's wedding. It will be a busy summer.
    Old 10-18-2014, 07:57 AM

I finally reached my goal weight - - now I just have to maintain - - especially walking my 4 miles a day Have a great weekend everyone.
    Old 10-18-2014, 10:43 AM

Congrats, BJ!! Good job!!
    Old 10-18-2014, 08:37 PM

Good for you BJ !!!!!
    Old 10-19-2014, 08:30 AM

Wow congratulations BJ. Keep up the good work.
    Old 10-19-2014, 08:40 AM

bjsmith57, that is great! Keep up the good work
    Old 10-20-2014, 05:04 AM

Gayle - keep us posted on th Daniel Plan. Any other new plans out there? Boy, I need encouragement. Currently I am in the process of cleaning out my freezer (by cleaning, I mean cook and eat) to make room for Christmas cookies---yes I know. I do chew gum while maiking them to deter my eating the dough or samples! HELP!!!

BJ -- am so very happy for you. May we all be able to say that some day that we reached goal!

Last edited by Pete; 10-20-2014 at 05:07 AM.
    Old 10-20-2014, 05:24 AM

Wish I had seen this thread in the beginning. I need to drop about 40 pounds. Maybe I'll catch up with yall next month!!
    Old 10-20-2014, 10:38 AM

My Eating has been going "Ok" It is sometimes hard to find foods that don't have any sugar, MSG, gluten or dairy in them. Yesterday there was a lunch meeting at church. My husband was the one ordering the food but I the best choice I could find was some Caesar salad and a piece of Chicken Picata (from Presto Pasta) So there definitely was some dairy and maybe even some gluten.
    I think I am down a couple of pounds already. I am bad and weigh myself every day, I know I shouldn't but it is so tempting. I know water weight can change daily.
    For breakfast I have 2 eggs with onion, bell pepper, broccoli and either spinach or kale in a stir fry. I use a tsp of coconut oil to cook it in. I then put some fresh salsa (no sugar or msg, only veggies) on it. In my tea I sometime will add some coconut milk to it (I like 1/2 and 1/2) with no sugar or honey. This keeps me satisfied for a couple of hours and I don't feel the need to snack.
    It is hard to fill your plate halfway with veggies!
    I have not been too good at the fitness part. need to really work on that one!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!