Oh No...a Jury Summons

Old 05-30-2010, 08:46 AM

I could never serve on a murder trial. I need something I can analyze and make it cut and dry. I feel I am not to judge someone's life- only God will do that on judgment day.

I served on a jury for an auto accident case. It was for a Realtor who was rear ended in a nasty accident. They were looking for $ damages for loss of income. I was already tabulating the loss of income and 9/11 happened. The case was suddenly settled....

Haven't been called since. Now I am self employed and would suffer a bad economic loss. Darn- I like jury duty. Especially with all the corruption in our county. I would need federal jury duty though for their crimes.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Banned

I got called one time a loooong time ago and I have no faith in the judicial system, I am not going to be the one vote that ruins a persons life just on what they present you. I am going to let God do the judging not me!!

There was a guy whining about there is no way to get out of this and I told him just wait and see. Then another person told me there was no way out of serving and I told her just wait and see there is no way that they will let me on the jury.

So when they called me in to ask the few questions to see if you are eligible to serve. The statement I received from the judge was "What kind of redneck are you?" and I was dismissed. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

They never called me since!!!

Billy
Old 05-30-2010, 08:12 PM

Have been called many times but never taken. Too many police officers in the family plus I worked for my church, didn't drink, and don't believe in the death penalty. One side or the other always excused me. I would like to have served at least once, but unlikely now that I don't drive.

Wish you well on your summons, especially on no 4 month trials!
Old 05-31-2010, 06:19 AM

Serving on a jury is inconvienient (sp?), but I think everyone should have to do it. In Ohio you must be registered to vote..I think you should only need to have a driver's licsence (can't spell that either this morning!!) Like it or not, its how it works in the good old USA. Everyone would have a better understanding of how our judicial system works..or doesn't work. Some day you might need a jury..think about who you might want to serve on it..what exactly is a jury of your peers? I get that some cannot afford to loose pay, sit for that period of time, etc. My company continues my regular salary while I serve and I turn in to them what the couny gives me $15/day. But overall, not serving just because you don't want to..I don't think anyone who would make a really good juror really wants to sit in judgment of another, but realize the necessity. I think I'd like to have a bunch of quilter's on the jury should I ever need one, we seem to be a pretty compassionate group, but logical and fair.!!

OK, off my soapbox now!!! :D

Mary