Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • OMG! I Just Paid 79.00 For Earth Sandals!! >
  • OMG! I Just Paid 79.00 For Earth Sandals!!

• OMG! I Just Paid 79.00 For Earth Sandals!!

Old 05-09-2010, 07:16 AM

If they make your feet smile, they are CHEAP!!! If they make your feet frown, free would be too expensive...

I've spent le$$ on more pairs, and still end up spending more $$ on fewer pairs to find the ones that make my hard to smile feet stop frowning!!!!

Just got a pair of Birkies for under $100 and my feet thanked me! :mrgreen:
    Old 05-09-2010, 07:17 AM

I wear Keens which look very similar and cost about the same. They saved my feet. I had terrible pain until I switched. Hope you and your feet love yours too!
    Old 05-09-2010, 07:23 AM
    Power Poster

I work twelve hour days and if my feet hurt it's horrible. If they make your feet happy they are worth their weight in gold.
    Old 05-09-2010, 07:24 AM
    Pam

I am right now wearing Crocs, with socks. I am thinking tose look pretty stylish compared to what I have on. (By the way, I do loose the socks when is it warm).
    Old 05-09-2010, 07:29 AM

Marsye-

I had a triple spinal fusion when my back spontaneously broke when I was 31. (It had been going, but one of my vertabrae collapsed on one side, getting the end of my spinal column, called the cauda equina and paralyzing my right leg.) I have had a recovery better than all predictions, but I have a lot of nerve damage, so...

Bottom Line: Earth shoes are the reason I only use a cane about 3 times a year instead of 3 times a month. They are about all I wear. They hold up forever, and they help your posture so you aren't arching your back.

My secret, since I don't have $130. to spend on a single pair of shoes: EBAY BABY! Many people try the and don't like the way that they feel- you have to adjust to it. And sell them on eBay for cheap.

Wear them for a couple of days and see how they make you feel. I think they are the best shoes ever made.

XOXOX
    Old 05-09-2010, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
    I ain't never paid that much for a whole outfit!!! Its all I could find with arch supports. Does anyone have these? Opinions? :oops:
    They look really comfy and you can see the arch in them. I bought one pair of Dansko's for $105 about 4 years ago and wore them till the sole broke in half! They have a really nice arch in them.

I buy arch supports and put them in my slippers because I have such high arches that make my feet hurt if I don't support them in the day. I get them at the drug store.

Marsye, let us know how they feel and if the arch support is good (sounds like you ordered them online and have to wait to get them).
    Old 05-09-2010, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
    I ain't never paid that much for a whole outfit!!! Its all I could find with arch supports. Does anyone have these? Opinions? :oops:
    I just know that the older I get the more I pay for shoes. Cheap shoes are just no longer comfy enough for my feet. My doc says it is because as we go older our fat pads in the soles of our feet deteriorate and our ligaments stretch so hence the need for better shoes and support.
    Old 05-09-2010, 07:37 AM

hmmmm I wear tennis shoes with Dr. Scholls gell inserts and good arch supports.....cost me $29.00. I USED to wear Berkinstocks....but since bunion surgery, I can't wear them!!! Something in them makes the area where the bunion was hurt like the devil.
    Old 05-09-2010, 07:46 AM
    Banned

Thanks for the replies. I tried Ebay first but the problem is nobody has my size....11W!!! I could easily pass for BIG FOOT!! :lol:
    Old 05-09-2010, 08:00 AM

Hahaha oh I love shoes. And shopping. I buy my expensive shoes (Jessica Simpson heels) at this place called Last Chance. People can sell their clothes to them or they get excess from stores. I also like Nordstrom Rack if you have one where you live and you've never been there, GO! Oh my...I need to go shopping hha