Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • OMG! I Just Paid 79.00 For Earth Sandals!! >
  • OMG! I Just Paid 79.00 For Earth Sandals!!

• OMG! I Just Paid 79.00 For Earth Sandals!!

Old 05-09-2010, 08:33 AM

Marsye, I have a pair I bought 4 years ago, only for summer wear, but they are as good as new. And like the above reply, they are the only sandles I can wear because of balance problems. Another good brand I'Ve been wearing is Skechers ,Bikers, get them online, they feel great! They are a slip on shoe. No shipping charge either, $49 a pair.
    Old 05-09-2010, 08:44 AM

Hi Guys,

I have to say I am a bit of a shoe lover (have about 100 pairs give or take a few) and I will be looking for a pair of birkies for the summer, as I have heard how great they are.......!!

But I have to tell you what I did with my first months salary back in the 1980's....... I walked past the most wonderful shoe shop, was stopped in my tracks by the most fantastic sandals you have ever seen (they were black and pink and very strappy with killer heels) and I proceeded to spend £200 out of my £220 monthly salary on them......poor Mum and Dad had to support me for a further month!!!!!

Marsye, you deserve the shoe, enjoy them!

Hugs

Caroline
    Old 05-09-2010, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
    Thanks for the replies. I tried Ebay first but the problem is nobody has my size....11W!!! I could easily pass for BIG FOOT!! :lol:

Hey, I wear an 11N! So I'm big skinny foot! And I get most of my shoes from www.zappos.com. Free s/h both ways. They carry shoes in a range of prices but given that I wear an 11N and that I have foot problems, I don't blink at spending over $100 on shoes. I really don't have a choice.

:)
    Old 05-09-2010, 09:08 AM
    JJs
    Banned

I love Earth Shoes - the ones I have are from Walmart tho - they are the only sandals I can wear (haven't tried Birkinstock tho) - I need the arch support because of plantar faciitis

And I know about the "crocs with socks" bit - cause my endo told me at the last visit that I should wear socks with them because I'm having a "place" (diabetic and have to be careful)
    Old 05-09-2010, 09:56 AM
    Banned

Marsye I am pretty sure I saw some just like those in Sears in my area. I usually will hit their sales and make out like a bandit. But I am thinking the ones like that were around $59 or so for the Mens version. I am in the market for sandals right now and I am having a hard time finding what I like.

I like the open back toes out kinda sandals and the last pair I bought from Sears lasted me 3 years. And I am hard on my shoes!!!!

Billy
    Old 05-09-2010, 10:15 AM

I paid 100 for the sketchers shape ups.. because they are supposed to be good for you knees and legs.. I have arthritis and I love those things. I would never in a million years pay that much, but it was so worth it.
    Old 05-09-2010, 10:58 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by FunkyMonkey
    I paid 100 for the sketchers shape ups.. because they are supposed to be good for you knees and legs.. I have arthritis and I love those things. I would never in a million years pay that much, but it was so worth it.
    My neighbor bought some of those and she ended up tearing a ligament and now she has to have surgery to repair the damage.

Her DIL is a Doctor and specializes in Sports Medicine and she said that those are the worse things anyone can buy! She has seen several cases of injury's caused by the shoes. You have to know how to use them before you put them on and take off walking.

Billy
    Old 05-09-2010, 12:29 PM
    Pam

Hey, I wear an 11N! So I'm big skinny foot! And I get most of my shoes from www.zappos.com. Free s/h both ways. They carry shoes in a range of prices but given that I wear an 11N and that I have foot problems, I don't blink at spending over $100 on shoes. I really don't have a choice.

:)[/quote]

OK< I know this might be nice, but I am gong to share anyway.

When my son was small we had such a hard time finding shoes for him, long, narrow feet. I told him his feet were like water skiis, and he cried. I felt bad, then, now I think it is funny. I hope I don't make you cry. :wink:
    Old 05-09-2010, 12:31 PM
    Banned

When my son was small we had such a hard time finding shoes for him, long, narrow feet. I told him his feet were like water skiis, and he cried. I felt bad, then, now I think it is funny. I hope I don't make you cry. :wink:
    I wore a womans size 9 in 4th grade :shock: and thats what my Dad used to tell me and I thought it was funny!! :lol:
    Old 05-09-2010, 12:35 PM

I had a pair ages ago (they looked different) and I loved them! Cant afford that now adays or I would get another pair..they were so comfy!