Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • OMG! I Just Paid 79.00 For Earth Sandals!! >
  • OMG! I Just Paid 79.00 For Earth Sandals!!

• OMG! I Just Paid 79.00 For Earth Sandals!!

Old 05-12-2010, 09:04 PM
    Power Poster

They look really comfy. Don't forget if your feet are "happy" so is the rest of you! Our poor feet work so hard they deserve a bit of comfort and support. I am a lover of "sensible shoes" and try to keep a bit of rotation going, so the same pair aren't worn to death. I think it's worth it to pay a little extra for a good shoe, think of it as an investment towards continuing mobility.
    Old 05-14-2010, 04:52 AM
    Banned

ok, I got my shoes and for the most part they feel very comfortable and I like them. But they do have good arch supports and I can feel them, they kinda hurt my arches so is this something I just have to get used to since I have fallen arches?
    Old 05-14-2010, 06:15 AM

I mostly wear Clarks, sandals in the summer and regular in the winter. Penny's has a brand that I like called Simply Comfort. They have a good arch in them. Crocs are to wide for my feet, but the look comfory. I wear Asics for running and excerise. If your feet hurt, everything hurts.
    Old 05-14-2010, 06:38 AM

I think you will get used to them and then find them indispensable. They do feel weird at first, like you are on a ship or something. I'd wear them for a couple of hours the first few days, to get used to them without making your feet hurt too much.

Originally Posted by marsye
    ok, I got my shoes and for the most part they feel very comfortable and I like them. But they do have good arch supports and I can feel them, they kinda hurt my arches so is this something I just have to get used to since I have fallen arches?
    Old 05-14-2010, 07:02 AM

Marsye, because they are hurting your feet, don't try and wear them all day to begin. Take it in small amounts of time one hour on one hour off and build up. Your arches have to be re-trained.

As far as the price-aren't your feet worth it? My momma said your feet are the foundation of your health and you need to take care of them. 'Nuff said.
    Old 05-14-2010, 08:29 AM
    Power Poster

Every spring Sam's Club here gets in a load of Birkenstock shoes. They sell out fast and no more until next spring. I can never seem to be there when they come in and my size is gone in a flash. I bought my DDs each a pair of the bright colored Crocs with the removable lining. They laughed and said they would never wear those. Guess what shoes they always have on when I go to their houses?