Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • order pick up from post office >
  • order pick up from post office

• order pick up from post office

Old 07-20-2010, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by franie
    1. Don't place large orders with friends.

2. Be more vigilant on what the pick up slip says.

3. Don't let the post master brush me off.
    ahhh, got it. Definitely understand number 1. Hope this gets figured out. Sorry for the pain in the neck ;-(
    Old 07-20-2010, 07:28 PM
    Power Poster

I hope the last box shows up tomorrow. I've never had a problem with Connecting Threads but I have had problems with our mailman.
    Old 07-20-2010, 07:44 PM

Hope it shows up tomorrow too. Sometimes one package will get separated & come the next day. I too have never had a problem with Connecting Threads but recently had problems with the PO.
    Old 07-20-2010, 07:47 PM
    Power Poster

Don't they have codes on them that show they have been picked up or delivered? I am sure that it will all be okay once you have contacted those concerned. It may have just been separated from the others. It may be that she just didn't feel like looking. Connecting Threads sell to a lot of people and I don't think they would allow you to be cheated.

It is too bad that your Post office isn't polite. In our small rural area I think they would lose their job if they acted like this. There are too many people unemployed to assume any job is safe.

If I don't want to go to the post office I can just put money in the mailbox with what I want mailed and they will leave a receipt with the change the next day. I don't know that that would be okay in many areas. If the box won't fit in my large mailbox the mail carrier will stop and put it at my back door. She is really good. Some things are nice about being rural.
    Old 07-20-2010, 08:44 PM

I am hoping all is well. Maybe they got separated coming down on the truck from Anchorage. I am still hopeful.
    Hi Franie, sorry that happened. Just curious ... where in Alaska do you live? I have a sister in Anchorage, a nephew in Soldotna and my parents are in Nome. I graduated from high school in Kenai. Hope your other package shows up.
    Old 07-20-2010, 09:43 PM
    Power Poster

I hope it shows up soon!!! I bet Connecting Threads will help you track it down :D:D:D
    Old 07-20-2010, 10:50 PM

You shouldn't loose out. Go back to PO and talk to a supervisor or another clerk. Also, contact Connecting Threadsand see what they sent for sure and if there was a tracking number.
    Old 07-21-2010, 03:02 AM

Each package should have a tracking number.

Look up the first two on line at USPS.com. It may list where the 3rd one is.
    Old 07-21-2010, 03:15 AM

Yes, You need to contact connecting threads..they will see you get what you pd for!..and know all about Grouchy post office personael..............
    Old 07-21-2010, 03:35 AM

If you paid by credit card, that company may help you out. I just got reimbursed for something purchased from Amazon.com Tracking no. said it was delivered by USPS to my address, but where it was delivered to - who knows!

Placed a large order from Connecting Threads with some friends for batting. The pick up slip said x3. Post master comes out with two boxes. I asked about there being three--she has the slip now. She says nope only two. I come home and two packages of batting are not there and the paperwork not there. One had tape loose but I doubt batting could be slipped out. Anyway, I did not go back to post office but will tomorrow. I hope the third box just got separated as I will have to eat the other two if they go missing as I paid for the whole order. Let it be a lesson maybe. Will let you all know tomorrow how it turns out. Our post master is very snippy. Sometimes known as the Witch with a "B".