Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • order pick up from post office >
  • order pick up from post office

• order pick up from post office

Old 07-21-2010, 04:41 AM

2 years ago, I had a lot of trouble at our local PO. Orders from a company I dealt with for at least 10 years got returned to sender. I went online to USPS and wrote an angry mail to the Postmaster General in Washington(?). Things got rolling after that, especially since I questioned if postal employees had to demonstrate at least a basic knowledge of reading and writing when they get hired.
    Old 07-21-2010, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by franie
    Placed a large order from Connecting Threads with some friends for batting. The pick up slip said x3. Post master comes out with two boxes. I asked about there being three--she has the slip now. She says nope only two. I come home and two packages of batting are not there and the paperwork not there. One had tape loose but I doubt batting could be slipped out. Anyway, I did not go back to post office but will tomorrow. I hope the third box just got separated as I will have to eat the other two if they go missing as I paid for the whole order. Let it be a lesson maybe. Will let you all know tomorrow how it turns out. Our post master is very snippy. Sometimes known as the Witch with a "B".
    I think her sister works in our local PO! ;-)
    Old 07-21-2010, 05:49 AM

A couple years ago, I had a Priority Mail Flat Rate Package not make it to Alaska. It was insured, but the "superviser" - a she - would not pay the claim as I could not prove where & for how much I purchased the items. The package held some UFO's which I sold & were insured for the amount I sold them for. I remember trying to expain that quilts mere made up from pieces of fabric which were not all purchased from the same place at the same time. They would only reimburse the postage & not the contents.

Originally Posted by mannem
    2 years ago, I had a lot of trouble at our local PO. Orders from a company I dealt with for at least 10 years got returned to sender. I went online to USPS and wrote an angry mail to the Postmaster General in Washington(?). Things got rolling after that, especially since I questioned if postal employees had to demonstrate at least a basic knowledge of reading and writing when they get hired.
    Old 07-21-2010, 09:57 AM

I called CT today--they said yes to three boxes and checked that all three boxes are here in my po two have been delivered. So there is a third. She gave me a tracking number so I am going in armed! LOL Why are so many people too lazy to do their jobs? I have to do their jobs and track my packages? GRRRR Will post when I have them all my hot little hands.
    Old 07-21-2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by twistedstitcher
    Originally Posted by franie
    Placed a large order from Connecting Threads with some friends for batting. The pick up slip said x3. Post master comes out with two boxes. I asked about there being three--she has the slip now. She says nope only two. I come home and two packages of batting are not there and the paperwork not there. One had tape loose but I doubt batting could be slipped out. Anyway, I did not go back to post office but will tomorrow. I hope the third box just got separated as I will have to eat the other two if they go missing as I paid for the whole order. Let it be a lesson maybe. Will let you all know tomorrow how it turns out. Our post master is very snippy. Sometimes known as the Witch with a "B".
    I think her sister works in our local PO! ;-)
    HA HA HA Yes. She is sour puss--gonna contact main office in Denver and report her. I have waited too while listening to her on the phone and she never apologizes when she comes out.
    Old 07-21-2010, 10:11 AM

And they can't understand why they are losing so much money.
    Old 07-21-2010, 10:12 AM

And I can't imagine working in the same office with her. Can you?

Originally Posted by hobo2000
    And they can't understand why they are losing so much money.
    Old 07-21-2010, 11:02 AM
    Power Poster

And they are petitioning to raise stamps again!
    Old 07-21-2010, 04:07 PM

OK I walked in the post office and the other poastal worker was there and she looked right at me--I said I am here for my other box. She said it's here. She had placed another notice in my postal box--she said the post master did not see it. Ya well, she would not go back and look for it either. But I did not get nasty with her as not her fault. And she is always nice to me and even smiles. Likes to talk when she can about quilting! The post master-mistress?--I avoid when I can.
    Old 07-21-2010, 04:13 PM

Glad you got your other package! And glad someone at your post office is friendly. That helps a lot.