• General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • order pick up from post office >
  • order pick up from post office

• order pick up from post office

Old 07-21-2010, 05:44 PM
    Power Poster

Glad it ended well :thumbup:
    Old 07-22-2010, 04:18 AM

Connecting Threads is a great company and I think they would help you any way they can. Perhaps they can put a tracer on the boxes to find just where 3 went to. Good luck, I hope you get your items.
    Old 07-22-2010, 08:21 AM

Whatever happened to customer service, your post master is a civil servant and should act like one, maybe if she is locally known as a B word a call to the post master general might be in order. She only has a job because of people like you and with more and more post offices closing everyday she should be grateful to still have career. Good luck finding your third parcel
    Old 07-22-2010, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by franie
    OK I walked in the post office and the other poastal worker was there and she looked right at me--I said I am here for my other box. She said it's here. She had placed another notice in my postal box--she said the post master did not see it. Ya well, she would not go back and look for it either. But I did not get nasty with her as not her fault. And she is always nice to me and even smiles. Likes to talk when she can about quilting! The post master-mistress?--I avoid when I can.
    yes but about when they close your post office and you have to drive to another town, please call the postmaster general and let them know what is going on, if people stop using your post office because of bad service they might decide to close it down.
    Old 07-22-2010, 12:17 PM

I hope you or should I say they find it. I had a sewing machine coming in the mail and never got it. UPS finally found it in Utah loss package depot, go figure.
    Old 07-22-2010, 09:17 PM

Seems like no matter where you live the Post Office can and will pull blunders. A few years ago I mailed a birthday present to my cousin in Australia. She knew what it was and was waiting for it with anticipation. I had mailed it in plenty of time for her to have it before her birthday. As our custom, we call each other on our birthday and after a bit of conversation she still had not said anything about her present. When I asked her about it, she said it had not come yet. A week later, I received a notice from the Post Office saying the package was un-deliverable as addressed.

When I went to the Post Office to see what the problem was, the clerk stated there was no such address in Austria. After I was able to control myself, I told her I was sure she probably was correct. She got this superior look on her face and asked me to make sure I wrote the correct address the next time I sent mail. When I told her the address was correct, she gave me this dagger look and told me she didn’t have time to play games. Needless to say, I got no apology after I pointed out that the country was Australia, not Austria. The sad part of this is this package when all the way through the Postal system without anyone catching the routing error.
    Old 07-22-2010, 09:28 PM

I am really glad you goth through all of this with the nasty cow post mistress. I would report her. She doesn't deserve to be in charge with the nicer woman working for her, and she didn't need to cause you worry and stress.
    Old 07-23-2010, 12:48 AM

Now why doesn't that surprise me?

Working in an International Mail Centre here in Australia some years ago, it was not uncommon to get 5 TONNES of missorted mail from the US *every* week. It included mail going from New York to Washington DC! Some of it even came surface mail (8-12 weeks on the water) then had to be sent back by Air Mail at the US expense. Nothing to find mail for 12 different countries in one bundle.

We figured that what was happening was, towards the end of a shift they were told that the sooner they finished, the sooner they could go home. Handfuls of mail were grabbed (without being sorted), bundled up, and thrown into the nearest mail bag. It was the only explanation we could come up with for having 12 different countries in one bundle about 2"thick.

Originally Posted by juneayerza
    Seems like no matter where you live the Post Office can and will pull blunders. A few years ago I mailed a birthday present to my cousin in Australia. She knew what it was and was waiting for it with anticipation. I had mailed it in plenty of time for her to have it before her birthday. As our custom, we call each other on our birthday and after a bit of conversation she still had not said anything about her present. When I asked her about it, she said it had not come yet. A week later, I received a notice from the Post Office saying the package was un-deliverable as addressed.

When I went to the Post Office to see what the problem was, the clerk stated there was no such address in Austria. After I was able to control myself, I told her I was sure she probably was correct. She got this superior look on her face and asked me to make sure I wrote the correct address the next time I sent mail. When I told her the address was correct, she gave me this dagger look and told me she didn’t have time to play games. Needless to say, I got no apology after I pointed out that the country was Australia, not Austria. The sad part of this is this package when all the way through the Postal system without anyone catching the routing error.
    Old 07-23-2010, 12:35 PM

My uncle worked in Alberta, Canada post office and I remember yrs ago that he said at end of shift they would send mixed mail anywhere to get finished--He had better work
    ethics so quit. Didn't think they still did that with all
    the sorting machines. What a mess!
    Old 07-23-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mornigstar
    My uncle worked in Alberta, Canada post office and I remember yrs ago that he said at end of shift they would send mixed mail anywhere to get finished--He had better work
    ethics so quit. Didn't think they still did that with all
    the sorting machines. What a mess!
    Not all mail can be sorted by machine. Mail that is addressed in another language is one example.