• General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Our Poor Gwyn................Very bad news >
  • Our Poor Gwyn................Very bad news

• Our Poor Gwyn................Very bad news

Old 04-08-2010, 05:59 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by hokieappmom
    Originally Posted by baubo1234
    I was diagnosed with lung cancer last week after a biopsy, now waiting for surgery. Hope they can get it all. trying not to worry too much, but it is scary thing . I know how Gwyn feels, I lost my husband to cancer 5 yrs. ago. I will keep her in my prayers.
    Baubo, I will add you to my prayer list also. God be with you. Please give us an update after surgery when you feel like it.
    hugs, yes, please let us know how you are doing.
    Old 04-08-2010, 06:02 AM
    Banned

I didn't know there was another post pertaining to Gwyn and Randy since Gwyn asked me to post this one.
    I have not spoken to Gwyn as 10:30 her time is 12:30 mine. It is too early for me to call her and I wouldn't want to intrude on her family. My heart aches for Gwyn and their children. If I hear from Gwyn I will let you know.
    Old 04-08-2010, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I didn't know there was another post pertaining to Gwyn and Randy since Gwyn asked me to post this one.
    I have not spoken to Gwyn as 10:30 her time is 12:30 mine. It is too early for me to call her and I wouldn't want to intrude on her family. My heart aches for Gwyn and their children. If I hear from Gwyn I will let you know.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-41498-4.htm
    Old 04-08-2010, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by hokieappmom
    I was diagnosed with lung cancer last week after a biopsy, now waiting for surgery. Hope they can get it all. trying not to worry too much, but it is scary thing . I know how Gwyn feels, I lost my husband to cancer 5 yrs. ago. I will keep her in my prayers.
    Baubo, I will add you to my prayer list also. God be with you. Please give us an update after surgery when you feel like it.
    Yes please let us know. You are on my prayer list.
    Old 04-08-2010, 07:03 AM
    Power Poster

Trupeach, thanks for the support you are giving to Gwyn during this very sad, and difficult time, I know the support of friends is one of the most important things during times of great loss and yes please keep us posted of how she and her family are doing and if there is anything we can do to help
    Old 04-08-2010, 07:30 AM

Prayers Gwyn for you and your husband.
    Old 04-08-2010, 08:22 AM

I hope your surgery is very soon, and that all is found. Prayers and goo thoughts and {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}} for you.
    Joanne
    Old 04-08-2010, 09:59 PM

Our dear sweet Gwyn just called me from the hosptial and asked it I would let the members know what has happened.

Gwyn's husband has not been feeling well this past week. Randy saw the doctor a few days ago but was not feeling any better. Gwyn decided to have him go to the hospital. Randy was admitted and tests were run yesterday and today. Gwyn got life changing news.......... Randy has cancer. It seems that the cancer is in more then one organ. If Randy goes for chemo he could survive 6 months at the most. This is a very hard and sad time for Gwyn. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
    Thank You
    Randy pass away yesterday

mema
    Old 04-11-2010, 07:08 PM

So very sorry to hear that. You have my sympathies, Gwyn. My advice: keep in touch with all your friends, don't shut yourself away. Watch comedy t.v....laughter does help..I know..have been there 5 yrs. ago when I lost my darling husband to cancer. I will keep you in my prayers.