Overcoming Problems?

Old 10-07-2011, 07:21 PM

I can relate, but you forgot to mention as you run to get the phone you trip over the dogs and when you go to open the door with the phone at your ear all the dogs shove you out of the way to see who's at the door and wont stop barking :shock:
Old 10-07-2011, 08:00 PM

i keep getting the same tela marketer calling my cell which is on the do not call list.. so the other day I picked up the call and started talking gerbish in an angry tone they havent called back since
Old 10-07-2011, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mad Mimm
I have no land-line, only a cell, which I conveniently leave in a pocket in my purse where half the time I can't hear it ring. I figure if it is good new or bad news, the news will still be there when I get around to checking my phone. If you come to my door, be prepared to stand there a while. I'll get there when I can and if you are a friend, you have been instructed to simply let yourself in anyway! I don't run to answer the phone or door anymore, now the only thing that makes me run is the baby crying or fresh brownies coming out of the oven! :thumbup:
Love it!!!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:34 PM

I always check the Caller ID and if it is anything beginning with an "8" I do not answer....too many times someone asking for a donation...taking a survey, but actually trying to sell me something...etc. If they can't leave a message, they don't need to talk to me.
Michelle
Old 10-07-2011, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lindsey
If that dang company calls from citi bank to tell me its my last chance to lower my interest I am going to scream.. I have had so many last chances its not funny. I keep telling them to take me off my list but they keep calling. Sunday they called me seven times..seven.. geez
You need to get on the 'do not call' list...

https://www.donotcall.gov/]https://www.donotcall.gov/[/url]

You won't be sorry after you put yourself on the list!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:41 PM

Yup - some days are like that...
Old 10-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Power Poster

Hmm just let the phone ring. If they really need you they can leave a message and you can call back in your own time. If they left no message they did not need to talk to you in the first place.

Don't open the front door. Who knows who is out there. I'd rather be quilting or snuggling with my children or pets any ways. LOL
;) :wink:
Old 10-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Michellesews
I always check the Caller ID and if it is anything beginning with an "8" I do not answer....too many times someone asking for a donation...taking a survey, but actually trying to sell me something...etc. If they can't leave a message, they don't need to talk to me.
Michelle
LOL You do not like calls from hawaii either (808 area code)?
Old 10-08-2011, 08:24 AM

Well, nobody from Hawaii calls me...but your are right...I probably would not answer...
Michelle
Old 10-08-2011, 08:29 AM

My husband speaks 17 languages...one of them is Japanese. We had a problem with a certain company and everytime he saw their number he would answer in a different language! I was ROLLING ON THE FLOOR! We had SO MUCH FUN with that. I mean, one day it was German, Japanese, Vietnamese, Puerto Rican... on and on....they did finally stop calling. BTW, I am on the do not call list and it seems to mean nothing. Now that he is in Afghanistan....I just don't answer...but it sure was fun. He will be home on R&R ON THE 12TH!!! so the fun will begin again....:).... you won't be seeing me on the board for 3 weeks, can't wait!
Michelle