Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Pajama Days Since Retirement? >
  • Pajama Days Since Retirement?

• Pajama Days Since Retirement?

Old 03-26-2011, 03:49 AM

Life sounds good Skeetersmom..doing what you want as you want.
    Old 03-26-2011, 03:52 AM
    Power Poster

Sounds like a great time to me!
    Old 03-26-2011, 04:36 AM
    Power Poster

my kind of life. congratulations on your retirement - your way.
    Old 03-26-2011, 04:45 AM

I don't know about where you are but the younger set is wearing pj pants on the street around here.

I'm a sweatpants type person, I sleep in sweatpants because PJs aren't warm enough for my legs.

I've been semi retired for about 10 years. I volunteer 3 days a week at our local homeless shelter and 2 evenings a week manning the desk at the hospital's Wellness Center (the exercise area).

I'm househunting for my dream home.
    Old 03-26-2011, 05:29 AM

I'm not retired, just a stay at home housewife & I have days like that. I don't get dressed until about 1:00 & I just don't move as fast as DH does. His feet hit the floor & he's off & running. I've gotten to where I could care less if I'm dressed or not! But I do think it makes me feel grumpy all day! I don't get motivated on hardly anything. That 'empty nest syndrome' hit me hard. Soon after DS#2 moved out & went to college, my mother passed away, I thought "this is my time now" Well "MY" time hasn't turned out to be so fun! I miss my babies every day & would do anything to turn back the clock. I miss my parents but know they are happier where they are. I can't even get motivated to sew most days any more. I'm on anti depressants but I still feel this way. Getting old is no fun. Everyone has somewhere to go, something to do & no time to just sit & chat. I look forward to this board & reading about what everyone is doing. And everyone wants my life!
    Old 03-26-2011, 05:47 AM

I'm retired also and love it! I don't keep my nightgown on, but do wear dusters most days. DH & I love getting up when we want and going to bed when we want. Life is good!
    Old 03-26-2011, 07:02 AM

I've been retired for nine years but DH still has two years to go. It is wonderful, but I've had a terrible time adjusting to the freedom after working for 35 years, getting up early, raising a family, going to school, etc. I still like I have to be doing something all the time and have just started trying to relax and take it easy. I do enjoy my alone time now and wonder what in the world I'll do when DH is home all the time, too. Did anyone have problems having DH under your feet all the time?
    Old 03-26-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jill
    I've been retired for nine years but DH still has two years to go. It is wonderful, but I've had a terrible time adjusting to the freedom after working for 35 years, getting up early, raising a family, going to school, etc. I still like I have to be doing something all the time and have just started trying to relax and take it easy. I do enjoy my alone time now and wonder what in the world I'll do when DH is home all the time, too. Did anyone have problems having DH under your feet all the time?
    Oh yes! In the beginning I certainly did and it took some getting used to. After all the years of being housewife/Mom to two and having my routine it was VERY difficult to adjust! I was a morning person, and it seemed that what I didn't get done before noon just didn't get done. When DH retired, it felt as though he hadn't left for work yet......so I couldn't get my day started. Well, I had to "get over it". But that was 15 years ago.
    Old 03-26-2011, 02:36 PM

If I am in my pjs after 8 am, call my doctor, because I must be sick! I get up, have coffee, mess around with a little house work, then I have to get dressed, put my game face on and go for my walk.
    Old 03-26-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jill
    I did not have that problem of him getting under my feet as I was so used to him always being around, as we ran a business together, and worked together all the time.