Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Pajama Days Since Retirement? >
  • Pajama Days Since Retirement?

• Pajama Days Since Retirement?

Old 03-27-2011, 08:28 AM

I had been a morning person and would hit the deck running. It took me a few years in to retirement to not feel quilty. I prefer to clean house in my jammies. So nice to be able to do what I want to do when I want to. And I do let people know that I am retired now...sort of "in your face". So glad to hear many ladies love retirement and jammie days.
    Old 03-27-2011, 09:22 AM

I retired two years ago.My husband is disabled because of his eyes.I retired from public work but I have a small embroidery shop at my home and do some quilting.My mon and dad are 89 and 91 years young and we help them but they still take care of themselves.My oldest son is mentally impaired.But we are all happy go lucky people things can always get worse.I stay in my pajamas until I have to get out of them.I have made me some lounge pants and they do real good.I enjoy reading about each of you.
    Old 03-27-2011, 09:35 AM

I'm still working and can hardly wait for the day when I can tell that hospital I'm not coming in anymore! I love nursing but I am at the point that the administration and politics is bothering me.

In this rural community, if you're in your jammies in the morning and answer the door, it'll be all over the place in 15 minutes how lazy you are. One thing I do hope is that someday I'll be able to move out of here. Life in the country seems pretty idyllic, but it's not. Gossipy people, having to drive everywhere and bad storms don't impress me much.

I love my summers at the trailer. I stay there most times as it's closer to work and nobody bothers me. I'm cutting out and kitting up sewing projects to take with me for the summer. Can hardly wait!
    Old 03-27-2011, 09:46 AM

Heck, I'm not retired, but weekends, Spring Break, Summer break - those are PJ days! I couldn't imagine doing this until my DD got married and there they were - in their jammies all day. I tried it. I LIKED it!!! Never did like clothes as a kid :) Always hated shoes!!! Still do.
    Old 03-27-2011, 09:57 AM

I am so with you all! PJ day is a mind set. It was amazing how hard it is to break old habits, I somehow never get motivated until I have a shower and get dressed but other than that your descriptions sound exactly like my ideal day. Retirement is heaven.
    Old 03-27-2011, 12:39 PM

I'm in pj's right now ! Even if I have to get up for an appt. errand etc I jump right back into my pj's the moment I get home . and will then dress again to like back to church or another appt or if someone calls and wants me to help or go somewhere . DH does not understand this as he still works and is an always doing something type. Which is fine. It all works ! At first it would bother him , he said ask at the womans study how many women do this !!! Well , every one that was able right about did and the rest wished they could !!! Figure men don't get it cause they don't have to wear bra's ? LOL They don't seem to get a lot of things but would we want them too ? Then we'd both be in the perdicaments !! LOL Can't both be ill etc ! Right !! ( also I do this cause it is tooooo hot in here )! have fans going most the time. 68 in winter and 75 in summer . How about you ? thanks for letting me go on and on and on.........enjoy your life !
    Old 03-27-2011, 12:55 PM

Sounds wonderful. I am retired, but DH is not. I have PJ days as well.
    Old 03-27-2011, 01:35 PM

I have to say I do enjoy where I am in live. Have worked very hard like most of you all my life. I have a sleeping problem so am up till 3-5am all the time. Then get up between 9am 12pm I take no naps.. well maybe once in a blue moon lol.... I get the most done after midnight... odd isn't it. ((((take care all))) :)
    Old 03-27-2011, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by sueven
    I live in my jammies since I retired. I drive my 15yo DS and 7yo DGD to school in them. I also pick them up while still in jammie mode. My DD spends the day with me and we are both in our jammies. She and I are the only ones who don't get dressed unless we are going out. I love being retired.
    Be carful driving to school in your jammies. When I was in high school, my friend's mom took us to school (we were running late), and we quickly left the car running into school. What we didn't know was that she had a flat tire, and had to go to someones house to call AAA. This of course was before cell phones. LOL over it.
    Old 03-27-2011, 03:28 PM

I love my jammies. In cold, winter weather SNOWY days, I get up look out the window...take shower and put on clean jammies for the day! When we come home after going out, jammies on. So comfy, so warm.