Patio time!

Old 07-13-2015, 06:11 AM

I don't have a patio or deck but I live in the pines with forest all around.
What I enjoy the most is a hanging bird feeder full of seeds. The birds love it but are very messy and spill seeds on the ground. Now the seeds have sprouted and there is grass growing under the feeder. It will be interesting to see what happens.
I planted a small grass area and lined it with rocks. Then I started ordering fairy houses from Collections Etc.
Have five houses and fairys and gnomes in it. The grandkids will like it and it looks great. My Godzilla cats love it too. They munch on the grass and knock over the figures.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:04 AM

A new year...I am shopping for a solar powered fountain to add to my patio. Flowers are sprouting and spring us teasing us. I can't wait to start plantingmy pots! Sooon.....soon....!

Sandy
Old 03-18-2016, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl
A new year...I am shopping for a solar powered fountain to add to my patio. Flowers are sprouting and spring us teasing us. I can't wait to start plantingmy pots! Sooon.....soon....!

Sandy
let eat us know if you find a solar powered fountain...need to replace one this year......solar sounds good!

daffodils and tulips are popping up and
my new (last year plant) lilac tree about 12"high- survived the winter and has buds....love spring when the world wakes up again from the winter deep sleep!
Old 03-18-2016, 07:39 PM

I feel so behind! Haven't gotten anything into the garden (waiting for DH to run the tiller and he's down in the back for the last week ! We live in country and have a deck--which will be replaced this summer and I plan to add some beams over the top--so that I can hook up Sunbrella runners for summer shade and take down so we get the advantage of south sun in winter. Deck houses the gas grill, table & chairs and I use pots (either petunias or geraniums due to heat/dry) on the railing pot holders. We have a patio under the deck but it rarely gets used--hoping this year it will be different cause had a nice storm door put in last year to exits to the patio--so won't worry so much about bugs! (leads into the rec room and my long arm studio). And our front porch is where we spend the most time--shaded, and just very peaceful--have the glider and adirondack chairs in front--lots of house plants over-summer out there too.
P.S. snowed for a couple hours today and expecting hard freeze tonight, so glad I didn't rush on that garden!
Old 03-19-2016, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B
let eat us know if you find a solar powered fountain...need to replace one this year......solar sounds good!

daffodils and tulips are popping up and
my new (last year plant) lilac tree about 12"high- survived the winter and has buds....love spring when the world wakes up again from the winter deep sleep!

The Walmart website has a lot of them that you can order. They don't stock them in the store tho.. I founda cute barrel one ( not a solar) that I bought yesterday. $39.99. I loved the price so it came home with me. The working floor model was nice. Holds lots of water. I still might order a solar one to put in my garden...which it too far from the electrical outlet.

It is still chilly here so the furniture wont come out yet. We have to get throughthe spring storm and wind season before I set up my tempered glass table. Too risky! Too early to plant...nurseries are not set up yet. I am just anxious to be outside on the new patio we put in last spring. My personal sanctuary...hubby likes to sit in the garage and smok his cigar and listen to Garrison.

sandy
Old 07-09-2016, 02:50 PM

A year later...
sandy
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

Last edited by Sandygirl; 07-09-2016 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Addd photos