Perfume, do you wear it.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:05 PM

I don't wear it. I am alergic to most perfumes. Some make me feel like I am chocking! A little bit goes a long ways but some people use way too much.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by jojo47
I like light scents...Often I will 'layer' fragrance...using scented body wash, then following with matching lotion...MAYBE use the coordinating fragrance spray, but usually the body wash/lotion combination is plenty for all day and not overpowering...
I'm not trying to offend you but most body washes and lotions contain so much frangrance that I get headaches from them. My DDs know this and rarely wear scented hand or body lotions around me because of the headaches. I cannot even tolerate scented shampoos or deodorants. Some of us are really sensitive - I'm not even mentioniung church here which would be another soapbox. :)
Old 08-13-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Wunder-Mar
When I am in an open group (guild meeting) I don't wear any because there are some people in my guild who are chemically sensitive and many others who have allergies. When it's just my husband and me, I wear VERY little - one dot behind each ear one at the throat. I haven't used spray colognes/perfumes since college (30 years ago).

I also wear it around the house when I'm cleaning - it makes a difference in the way I feel and I do a better job.
Now that's a good idea. Is the house easier to clean. :roll:
Old 08-13-2011, 09:54 PM

A lot of businesses and clinics here have signs posted asking not to enter if wearing scents. I used to dab a small amount of plain ol' cooking vanilla behind my ears....love that smell. I was recently told to rub my horse down with "pure" vanilla and it would keep away the biting gnats...it worked! Plus he smelled yummy. A young couple walked by me today and they had just smoked marijuana and I about lost my lunch.....what a horrid stench.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:54 PM

[
. A young couple walked by me today and they had just smoked marijuana and I about lost my lunch.....what a horrid stench.[/quote]

There is nothing so sickey sweet smelling like that stuff. Turns my stomach.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Originally Posted by jojo47
I like light scents...Often I will 'layer' fragrance...using scented body wash, then following with matching lotion...MAYBE use the coordinating fragrance spray, but usually the body wash/lotion combination is plenty for all day and not overpowering...
I'm not trying to offend you but most body washes and lotions contain so much frangrance that I get headaches from them. My DDs know this and rarely wear scented hand or body lotions around me because of the headaches. I cannot even tolerate scented shampoos or deodorants. Some of us are really sensitive - I'm not even mentioniung church here which would be another soapbox. :)
None taken, Chris...I have a SIL who is sensetive to a lot of fragrances, and that's why I wear something very light...
Old 08-15-2011, 07:52 AM

I do wear it when going out but I spray it into the air and let a little fall on me..I don't like strong perfume...can't breath!!
Old 08-25-2011, 07:07 PM

I read in a magazine years ago that your scent should be 'discovered' and not 'announced'. My favorite is Tresor, but I just use a tiny bit of the lotion, the perfume or cologne are too 'announcing' for me. It's a light floral and I get lots of compliments about smelling good, usually when I've hugged someone.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Power Poster

Ha, i hate to be in the car with my hubby when he's put on after shave!!! open the windows please.
i wear it when working but lightly.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:35 AM

I went to the band the other day. There was a woman leaving; she was at her car. As I walked to the band entrance, I noticed the "smell." I knew she had on heavy perfume, but she was already in her car.

When I opened the door and hit the entrance to the bank (a double door situation where there's a small space till you get to the other door actually into the bank) I nearly choked. I went into the bank coughing and holding my breath, head down and not being able to talk. The tellers were very concerned.

They told me that woman comes in once a month always smelling to high heaven.

When I left, I held my breath and ran!