Pet Peeve on TV

Old 01-24-2012, 06:27 AM

Its just like they want to share "what the doctor gave them" - it just keeps getting worse with so much exposed. God didn't give me a good body because He thought I would show it off too - haha. There was a movie on the other night and it looked like the size 10 girls were wearing size 1 bikinis.---ohhh give them time - when they get up there in age, they will probably be wearing mumus!!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Greenheron
How about the 'news' with the host in a suit and well groomed and the hostess dressed to go barhopping? On every channel.

Second peeve: hair-tucking. All these heads of long hair and women constantly hooking tresses behind their ear(s). Most gross when bending over a ripe cadaver or bloody corpse.

Third peeve: no handkerchief, no bandana, no tissue. Swipe your eyes with your fingers and don't forget to be careful with that mascara. Once only little children did that, adults knew better.
My complaint exactly. The "news" men are all professionally dressed and the women look like they are dressed for the evening out.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:35 AM

And what about the cooking shows? Some of those ladies, but not all certainly, show more of their boobs while they are cooking than you used to see at the beach. I mean, come on, protect those girls so they don't get burned. I mean really!!! LOL
Old 01-24-2012, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by redeagle
My complaint exactly. The "news" men are all professionally dressed and the women look like they are dressed for the evening out.
I have to give kudos to one of our local stations here in Syracuse where the female is always dressed in a suit and looks as professional as the male.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:43 AM

Glad to know I am not the only one "getting older" and is bothered by all this excessive skin, etc.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:49 AM

I'm pretty far from being a prude, but I have to agree with a lot that's been said.

One of my worst is the Trojan commercial that makes couples feel "closer" and it shows the two bodies almost morphing at the middle as they embrace. SERIOUSLY?? I don't want to see ANYONE get "closer" - not even with their clothes on!!

And another pet peeve is the way a lot of commercials depict husbands/dads as hapless stupid morons. Yes I know that the vast majority of consumers are women - but selling women as "hero's" of the household while making men look like complete idiots, is as much demeaning to women as it is to men!!

I don't watch cooking shows, so I have no idea who most of you are referring to. But that's OK cause I really don't want to see cleavage. Got my own. Not amused.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
And another pet peeve is the way a lot of commercials depict husbands/dads as hapless stupid morons. Yes I know that the vast majority of consumers are women - but selling women as "hero's" of the household while making men look like complete idiots, is as much demeaning to women as it is to men!!
Strongly agree!!! Or, how about the commercials where the dad is totally absent!?!? Mom and kids are sitting down to a meal and there's no dad. I realize there are a lot of families dealing with divorce, but to totally write dad out of the picture offends me.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:34 AM

The clevage is for the men and not women. I have thought the same thing and wondered if reversed(women all covered up) would it appeal to men any way because of what might be under that top. Laughing. Hollywood does not respect women and this is where kids learn the same thing.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:51 AM

I said the same thing this morning while watching one on the morning "news" shows. The female hosts or anchors wear such short skirts and low cut tops that it is just shocking. I am not a prude and in fact consider myself quite liberal and a modern woman, but do we need all of this just to get brought up to date on the morning news? The fact of the matter is that on tv, in magazines and on the internet, sex sells!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:05 AM

Yes to bad "loose" TV programs. All those satellite channels and nothing really nice to watch. Sad.