Pet Peeve on TV

Old 01-24-2012, 02:07 PM

To go along with the clevage is the long hair. I am so sick of the long hair that all the stylists seem to think their clients look good with it hanging all over the front of their bodies. We all know these people do not have that much hair. Oh, that's right, men like long hair and clevage LOL guess we know who they are courting to watch their shows.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:30 PM

Another "peeve from the Green Heron: the constant reference to breasts as "boobs." My breasts nursed two babies until weaning and were never exposed in public.

"Boobs" are women who have un-needed super-sized, cosmetic enhancements.

Last edited by Greenheron; 01-24-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:34 PM

I love watching Lidia cooking but she always has those bangle bracelets on!! Not what I would wear in the kitchen.

I have to agree with the ads/shows with smartmouth kids who know everything and the stupid clueless parents. Surest way to get me to change the channel or not buy the product.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
I was watching a program last week and was wondering the same thing! I just chalked it up to getting older.
No, don't chalk it up to getting older. I've been watching this exposure of chests (breasts) for the past few yrs. & thought it couldn't get any worse. Boy, was I wrong. I've watched middle aged women with theirs hanging out & how they keep looking down & admiring themselves. They pass men & think they're being admired but when the men are behind them, they actually laugh at those women. I'm just tired of having to see more of other people's skin than I care to.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:14 PM

Along with all of you I dislike the cleavage shown, hair falling in their eyes, clothes far too tight, sex everywhere and also the rude, demanding children and parents giving in to their wants. What are we teaching this next generation? We watched Father Knows Best, Leave It To Beaver, and I Love Lucy. We knew they were not reality (My Mother never wore heels and pearls to do housework) but they were enjoyable and had standards. Lets tell television multimillionaires to go back to some family values.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:38 PM

Boy, I certainly agree with all that everyone has mentioned. The cleavege is ridiculous and its sad that these women do not have any respect for themselves. The women anchors also can't get their skirts short enough or their breasts hanging out enough. Also, what do you think of the name they refer to women's breasts these days, "the girls", All I look at on tv is all the re-runs. "House on the Prairie", "Raymond", "The Golden Girls", "I Love Lucy", etc. I like "Project Runway", Cake Boss", and manyothers. Also, don't get me started on the news regarding the election. This a.m. I had fox news on and switched around until I found "I Love Lucy", what a refreshing change. I'm sick of the news, its never good. Well I guess I will get off my soap box. Boy, that really felt good. Have a great day, what's left of it.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Ok, I just realized I have a Pet Peeve when watching my favorite shows on TV. Why is it that all the female characters are wearing such low cut tops that you can see more cleavage than on a Playboy Bunny?????? I am watching CSI: Miami and the blonde girl is wearing a t top and bent over to dust an object for fingerprints. The top was already revealing and this just added more "exposure". I'm no prude but I truly have never seen as much "skin" on TV as in the last year. And there's no reason for it that I can tell!!!!

And I won't even get started on the young people these days!!

PS: I also noticed that they show very few "men" with skin showing....LOL

"Young people these days" I know exactly what you mean. I work at a technical college and I'm shocked at the way some young ladies come to class - even in the winter. I wonder how many of our male instructors find it difficult to concentrate! I have a 14 yr old DGD and she thinks nothing of wearing tank tops. Guess I'm more partial to turtle necks!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:57 PM

I guess I was born in a kinder, more gentle era and I'm no prude either but the language the younger set uses today just appalls me. My grandmother would have washed my mouth out with lye soap for days!!! If you listen to the music lyrics of some entertainers today, it's no wonder. And so much violence on TV and in computer games. I really think it teaches kids that violence is the only way to settle things. I just wonder what will come to pass in another ten or twenty years.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:28 PM

"I just wonder what will come to pass in another ten or twenty years."

What ever it is - it will be worse than it is now. Children these days know alot more about everything, from violence to sex.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:32 PM

One thing that REALLY gets to me are these breast-cancer awareness groups that use what I consider vulgar slang. "Save The Ta-Tas"???? Really??!?!? And whatever organization that is putting out those idiotic bumper stickers and rubber bracelets that say "boobies!" or "I ♥ boobies!". All the teenage boys wear them in school, claiming to want to support women's health. Yeah, right! It's pure titillation, pardon the pun.
How about we stop putting the focus on saving body parts and put our focus on the whole woman? There is more to me than just my mammary glands! I have sworn to never donate to these organizations. Komen gets my money.