Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Phone Calls and Dinner Time >
  • Phone Calls and Dinner Time

• Phone Calls and Dinner Time

Old 06-09-2010, 04:23 AM
    Banned

I'm on the do not call list, AND we only have cell phones, so we don't get any solicitation calls! It's nice a quiet.
    Old 06-09-2010, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
    I'm on the do not call list, AND we only have cell phones, so we don't get any solicitation calls! It's nice a quiet.
    We are on the DO NOT CALL LIST also ------ 'got another phone call last night
    Old 06-09-2010, 05:12 AM

I rang a person in the US - friend of a friend to let them know about a death, and their answering machine said "I do not recognise your number. You may leave a message and we will call you back if we wish to" Apparently it is a diversion device you can buy on line. Cool, but they dont work down here
    Old 06-09-2010, 06:14 AM

We are on the Do Not Call List also but if they are asking for a donation, I think that lets them off the hook doesn't it? It irritates me to no end! I am probably wrong but thought the Do Not Call List was just for Sales?
    Old 06-09-2010, 06:27 AM

What irritates me are the calls after 8PM at night. With children who go to bed at 8PM during the school year, phone calls really upset us. Our son is a really light sleeper and unless we turn off the phone in our bedroom, the ringing wakes him up. My dh has gotten to where he'll answer the phone on speaker phone and I'll start crying REALLY LOUD like a baby. He tells them that they just woke up the baby and now he'll be up another hour trying to get me to sleep. They always apologize and apologize as he tells them to remove him from their list. It usually works. We always laugh about it. (I guess we are easily entertained.)
    Old 06-09-2010, 11:06 AM

We're on the do not call list. I got a call this morning, and the guy said 'Hello I'm from XYZ." I said 'From whom?' 'XYZ Company.' I said, 'What are you selling?' I'm calling to tell you your furnace is past due for a cleaning.' 'Really!' Well, I'll tell the attorney General when I call him to say you called me even though I'm on the Do No Call list.' Click. When I get a long enough list of these jokers, I may even call the AG's office.
    Old 06-09-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
    We're on the do not call list. I got a call this morning, and the guy said 'Hello I'm from XYZ." I said 'From whom?' 'XYZ Company.' I said, 'What are you selling?' I'm calling to tell you your furnace is past due for a cleaning.' 'Really!' Well, I'll tell the attorney General when I call him to say you called me even though I'm on the Do No Call list.' Click. When I get a long enough list of these jokers, I may even call the AG's office.
    I LOVE it!!
    Old 06-09-2010, 03:52 PM

We're also on the DO NOT CALL list, but apparently there is an exception too for POLITICAL calls. I'm sick and tired of getting the vote for me, no vote for me, etc., calls. And we get at least one a month from a mortgage company telling us that Obama wants us to refinance our mortgage or something like that. I usually hang up before they finish talking...or sometimes wait for a real person just to ask to be removed from their list. Never works though.
    Old 06-21-2010, 10:28 AM

I just tell them to send me the information in the mail and that I don't do anything over the phone. Then I thank them and hang up. Don't ever hear from them again.
    Old 06-21-2010, 10:28 AM

Charity calls are allowed on the "Do not call" lists.