Pics from the fire

Old 03-26-2010, 06:19 PM

I was always taught that one reason to Thank The Lord for your deliverance is that your example will stand up for all that is good. HE will smile on you, just keep the faith. His Timing.... GBU
Blessings, Ruth
Old 03-26-2010, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Born2Sew
Cathy, have they determined what caused the fire? I feel so bad for you, but am so thankful that none of you were burned. Yes, bad things do seem to happen in 3's. Hopefully, for you the worst is now behind you for awhile.
This is a terrible time for you and your family. I guess if we didn't have bad times, we wouldn't appreciate the good. Still, sometimes it seems that our burdens are very heavy. You all will be in my prayers.
My son was the one who started the fire. He found the one and only lighter in the house! I used it to light candles and kept it in the drawer in the kitchen. He had been watching cartoons in my room (Scooby Doo) and I was in the living room watching the news. He was the one who came out and told me the house was on fire.

As for the insurance company, we are still waiting. At this point, we just want to get out from under the mortgage. We have decided to try and make this a fresh start. We have a nice apartment and Adrian will actually be in a better school district then before. We found out that one of his classmates lives above us, so he has someone in the building to play with and the lady across the hall is a certified babysitter/college student. She is very nice and Adrian loves her! One day we will buy another house, but for now I think we will stay here.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:10 PM

(((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Old 03-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Power Poster

I am so so sorry about your fire and I know you are devistated. We are all praying for you tho.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:35 PM

I am so sorry about the fire and I do hope that things will get better for all of you. My prayers are for your family at this tragic time as well as the death of Aaron's uncle.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:42 PM

Bless your heart. I am so sorry. But as they say, Things happen for a reason. I am so thankful that yall got out safely. A fresh new start may be a good thing. Just make the best out of a bad situation, look for all of the positives that you can find & trust that it will all be okay. Have faith.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:04 PM

I am so glad you already have another place to live and that it's working well for you.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:05 PM

I'm real sorry about your fire. Hopefully all the bad is over now. I'm glad everyone is alright. How's the foot?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:09 PM

I am so sorry for what you have had to go through. I have a collection of pictures just like yours from a fire we had about 14 years ago when we still lived in New York. It happened in the middle of the night during a blizzard and was caused by ice and snow getting trapped under the eaves and eventually dripping inside the kitchen wall. This caused an electrical short in the wiring and within minutes the fire travelled through the walls and ceilings from room to room. We lost just about everything but fortunately we all got out safely and were surrounded with love and support from hundreds of people in our town including many we did not even know. We had to start over but we managed to get back on our feet. It took time and a lot of faith and patience but we just kept focusing on the positives. It's a tough road but there will be better days ahead. Keep your chin up! My prayers are with you and your family.