Pics of my back yard

Old 08-20-2009, 09:07 AM

Feathers you're too funny. Come on over!
Laddie boy is a shelter rescue. He is somewhere between 10 and 12 years we think. Totally blind. We have had him about 4 or 5 years. When he runs around the yard chasing a ball or our other dog you would never know he is blind. He is my constant companion when home. He trusts me more than he should. I am ashamed to say he occasionally walks into something because we weren't as careful as we should have been. Unfortunately he has a few scars to prove it. However, they are alway's in the same place. Guess it is the placement of his head walking/running/playing. He is such a love.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:17 AM

LOL marcia just read yur post. Most people would say to tear the barn down. Wish it was more useful, but for now teh goat and hay are in there.
If we ever decide to build a new barn. I think I would like the would replaned and used in the great room. Much to my dismay there is no Wormy Chestnut in the structure. It would have been down and in my house.
I'll post more pics so your BP stays down,m how's that?
Today for lunch is homegrown tomaters with a little suger sprinkled on, fried (in EVO) squash sandwiches with Olive Oil mayo on homemade sourdough bread, canned pickles, lowfat chips, and an apple off the tree and off course sweet tea.
Come on down, sit a spell, relax and take a nap. :D
Old 08-20-2009, 09:21 AM

Guess I will take some pics and see what happens. MAybe that is something I could enter in next years fair - pics of my barn and quilts. HMMM thanks for the suggestion.

Someone at door ...

Was the UPS guy with some of my textbooks. Three to be exact for t he same class - Clinical Procedures. I must be out of my mind. :roll: :roll: :? :P
Old 08-20-2009, 04:22 PM

oh that is a nice back yard ,one day i hope to move out of city and live in open space like you ,that what i call living the good life
Old 08-21-2009, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
LOL marcia just read yur post. Most people would say to tear the barn down. Wish it was more useful, but for now teh goat and hay are in there.
If we ever decide to build a new barn. I think I would like the would replaned and used in the great room. Much to my dismay there is no Wormy Chestnut in the structure. It would have been down and in my house.
I'll post more pics so your BP stays down,m how's that?
Today for lunch is homegrown tomaters with a little suger sprinkled on, fried (in EVO) squash sandwiches with Olive Oil mayo on homemade sourdough bread, canned pickles, lowfat chips, and an apple off the tree and off course sweet tea.
Come on down, sit a spell, relax and take a nap. :D
Free range chickens.....home grown tomatoes.......apple trees......you really are in Heaven!!! Please take more pics of your little corner of the world---I am loving it!!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:18 AM

LOve this old barn !!! The view here is awesome how many acres do you live on?
Old 01-05-2010, 09:03 PM

When my husband and I are our and about and see a barn like this one I always exclaim "Honey..real estate we can afford!"
Old 01-05-2010, 09:33 PM

LOL:)
Old 01-06-2010, 06:13 AM

My sister lives in Warrenton and says she will NEVER come back to CA. I am a true lover of county living and small town settings and now am stuck in the Bay Area Northern CA (beats So CAl by 100 percent). We are moving however north of here in just a few short weeks and I am praying we will get the place in the country we have set our hearts on. Big trees, rivers, 750 people to the town.. next little town 5 mountain miles away ..next big town 20 miles away so close enough to get what you want and far enough that you can get peace too. You have a treasure and I would call it an honor to be able to come sit a spell and quilt at your abode.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:34 AM

Don't know where warrenton is but I agree s CA sucks.. it has grown so much I have been here for 21 years now.. but have put an offer in on a house yesterday in SONORA, Ca where my daughter lives !!! Acreage surrounded by acreage very secluded.. I hope you get your dreams too ;):).. I am presently on two acres.. in S Ca but ... the weather is awesome... that is what keeps us here.. 75 on Christmas... and you know the rest ;) warm my bines !!

Janice

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
My sister lives in Warrenton and says she will NEVER come back to CA. I am a true lover of county living and small town settings and now am stuck in the Bay Area Northern CA (beats So CAl by 100 percent). We are moving however north of here in just a few short weeks and I am praying we will get the place in the country we have set our hearts on. Big trees, rivers, 750 people to the town.. next little town 5 mountain miles away ..next big town 20 miles away so close enough to get what you want and far enough that you can get peace too. You have a treasure and I would call it an honor to be able to come sit a spell and quilt at your abode.